Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager, Customer Facing Analytics
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
Our Product Marketing team is made up of two sub-teams: Persona PMMs and Technical PMMs. As part of the Technical PMM team, you live and breathe product innovation. You are our in-house product and launch expert. While Product Management and Product Ops are your primary partners, your north star is always to deliver a delightful customer experience.
Your ultimate goal is to bring product innovation to market by successfully launching new products and features for our customer-facing analytics offerings. This means launching the right updates to the right customers at the right time. This highly strategic work requires you to have a keen understanding of effective launch strategies, strong messaging & positioning skills to make the updates relevant & actionable, and a strong desire to impact our product roadmap. You will play a key part in bringing the “voice of the customer” back to the Product org to provide roadmap feedback and input on product designs. You are continuously looking at customer insights and product data to learn what’s working and what’s not help us get 1% better every day, every release. While you are focused on making products successful throughout their entire lifecycle, your main focus will be on the initial launch phase (~90 days post launch) to ensure the successful rollout and initial adoption. That’s where your strategic partnership with the Customer Engagement Marketing (CEM) team plays a role in ensuring long-term adoption. Your success will be largely tied to product launch and product adoption success metrics.
What your day might look like:
- You meet with your PMs to get the latest scoop on your upcoming releases and strategize launch plans for the latest customer-facing analytics release.
- Since the launch will require a beta launch, you begin to develop the requirements and goals of the beta you’ll be supporting.
- You learned about a new feature release, you craft the Release Brief—your source of truth for all T1-T3 releases.
- You found a concerning dip in product engagement stats, so you look into it with your PM to understand what’s happening and share findings with your Customer Engagement Marketing partner to solve the problem.
- You present at an Enablement session to train the teams on upcoming launches.
- You meet with CX to develop customer education materials for launch.
- You set up a brainstorming session with Customer Engagement Marketing to create a plan to drive long-term feature adoption.
- One of your upcoming releases is big—industry-shaping big—so you meet with your Persona PMM to ensure they know all about it to revamp pitch decks, website messaging and get it into that Gartner MQ they’ve been working on.
- Your Market Intel counterpart shared some great trends with you. You take those to your next meeting with Product Management to influence the roadmap.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Create cohesive product positioning and messaging, ensuring it ties back to the overall solution & brand messaging
- Monitor product engagement stats and revenue trends for your owned areas to find areas of growth and opportunity
- You will drive customer-facing analytics product / feature launches end-to-end:
- Launch planning
- Launch comms & collateral
- Org readiness
- Product training & enablement
- You will influence the product roadmap by sharing key customer, market, competitive insights with Product teams
Core skills required and key questions you’ll ask yourself:
- 7+ years of Product Marketing Manager experience, with at least 2 years of experience with data, analytics, and reporting products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communication, or related field
- Expertise in developing launch strategies — How can we effectively position ourselves against X competitor? Which launches required phased releases or an Alpha/Beta test?
- Deep understanding of our customer base — Which segments and users should you target with new features? Does this open up new upsell/cross-sell opportunities? What quantitative and qualitative inputs can we use to make product decisions?
- Deep understanding of our market and competitors — What should we be doing to leapfrog / outpace the competition? Where are we behind and at risk of losing out?
- Pricing and packaging skills — What new additions deserve pricing adjustments? Does this update deserve a new SKU?
- Great storytelling skills with the ability to tie launches back to larger messaging themes & brand pillars — How can you ensure you aren't telling one off stories but building into a larger narrative to reinforce our undisputed market position?
The behaviors we value:
You’ll be surrounded by an amazing group of people on this team, and we want to continue to build on the superb team culture we’ve built. That’s why we want you to understand the behaviors that we want to see you display:
- Have a CEO mindset
Lift others upConnect the dotsPractice the art of healthy conflictTake calculated risks
- Product Management
- Product Ops
- Revenue Enablement
- Customer Onboarding & Education
- Customer Success & Support
- Customer Delivery
- Persona PMM
- Customer Engagement Marketing
- Market Intelligence / Customer Insights
The US base salary range for this position is $124,000 - $155,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.