Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Principal Software Engineer
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
As a Principal Engineer on the Applications Team, you will get to explore and work with cutting-edge technologies and a tremendously large (and fantastically rich) data set. If you like working on tough problems, whether that’s building systems that handle millions of customer requests per day or how to make sense of over a billion pieces of potentially correlated data, ZoomInfo could be the right place for you!
The responsibilities of this opportunity include:
- Write high-volume SaaS applications (full stack, but primarily on the backend) that can handle millions of requests a day.
- Serve as a principal engineer across multiple teams helping them with the most challenging tasks
- Work with cutting-edge cloud technologies.
- Solve interesting and challenging problems alongside a great team of engineers.
- Help define and promote software engineering best practices, including design, documentation, code reviews, monitoring, observability etc.
- Develop new skills as you push your knowledge, and our technology, to new levels.
- Mentor/Train junior engineers
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of industry experience, B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience with Node.js(Nest.js) and Java
- 6+ years of experience with any of the following databases: Mongo-Db, MySQL (or any other relational database), Cloud Databases like Big-Query or Big-Table
- 6+ years of cloud experience a must
- Experience with Google Cloud a plus
- Experience utilizing CI/CD tooling for automating builds, tests, dependency publishing, and application deployments (Jenkins).
- Experience building microservices architectures deployed to the cloud (AWS/Google Cloud).
- Experience with architectural design while still being hands on
- Experience in design, full stack development and delivery of highly scalable SaaS applications.
- Passion for developing software and continuous improvement.
- Strong desire to seek pragmatic, innovative solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams.
Nice to Have:
- Virtualization and orchestration of applications (Docker/Kubernetes/ECS).
The US base salary range for this position is $170,000 to $210,000 + variable compensation + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.