Senior DevOps Engineer
At ZoomInfo we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
The Infrastructure Engineering group (IE) is responsible for innovation in infrastructure and automation for ZoomInfo Engineering. Our size, culture, and the support we receive from every area the company allow us unusual latitude and agility. We’re using that to build world class, multiprovider cloud infrastructures, based on the best technologies available, almost completely unhindered by design debt.
A successful candidate will have a strong background in modern infrastructure, with a thorough understanding of industry best practices. They will have a high level of comfort participating in challenging technical discussions and advocating for best practices in a high-paced environment.
- Thorough, clear, concise documentation of new and existing standards, procedures, and automated workflows
- Championing of best practices and standards around infrastructure configuration and management
- Experience in creating internal products and managing their software development lifecycle
- Deployment, configuration, and management of infrastructure via infrastructure as code
- Working hands on with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Working hands on with container infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, GKE, GAE, etc.)
- Configuration and management of Linux based tools and third-party cloud services
- Continuous improvement of our infrastructure, ensuring that it is highly available and observable
- Solid foundation of experience managing Linux systems in virtual environments (6+ years)
- Deploying and maintaining highly available infrastructure in one or more Cloud providers (5+ years, AWS or GCP preferred)
- Infrastructure as code using Terraform (4+ years)
- Creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images (4+ years)
- Scoping, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (4+ years)
- Developing and maintaining an active codebase in Go, Python preferably (3+ years)
- Experience with PaaS technologies (5+ years, EKS and GKE preferred)
- Maintaining monitoring and observability tools (Datadog, Prometheus preferred)
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure and concepts (VPNs, routers and routing protocols, TCP/IP, IPv4 and v6, UDP, OSI layers, etc.)
- Experience with load balancing and proxy technologies (Istio, Nginx, HAProxy, Apache, Cloud load balancers, etc.)
- Debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in cloud-native infrastructure.
- Slacknative mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate complex problems and solutions in English over a textual medium (such as Slack)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
For over a decade, ZoomInfo has helped companies achieve their most important objective: profitable growth. Backed by the world's most comprehensive B2B database, our platform puts sales and marketing professionals in position to identify, connect, and engage with qualified prospects.
Our mission is to provide every company with a 360-degree view of their ideal customer, empowering each phase of their go-to-market strategy and driving their ability to hit their number.
The US base salary range for this position is $152,000.00 - $198,000.00 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.