Senior Helpdesk Associate
Investigates and resolves complex software and hardware problems of end users by performing the duties listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned, as needed. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Document, track, and monitor problems using applicable systems and tools.
- Responsible for the resolution of escalated issues of higher difficulty.
- Train, coach or assist junior members of the team.
- Identify, research and resolve the most complex technical problems.
- Prepare standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce incident rates.
- Consult with System Administrators to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Write or revise end user and internal IT training manuals and procedures.
- Develop training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
Requirements & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in corporate Desktop/Helpdesk environment
- In depth experience with Windows desktops and operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with end user
- Take initiative and follow-through - with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to provide hands-on or remote support, and help lead trouble-shooting efforts, and remediation in a timely fashion
- Experience in troubleshooting M365, AD (Active Directory) & Exchange Online is a must
- Experience with MDM, Intune and JAMF Pro is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting MacOS hardware is a plus
Initiative & Innovation
- £30,000 Salary
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, rising with length of service
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by Health Assured – 24/7 support for your mental health and wellbeing
- Employee discounts on car rental across Avis Budget Group (including Zipcar).
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Contribution
Avis Budget Group is a leading global provider of mobility solutions, operating three of the most recognized brands in the industry through Avis, Budget and Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network. Together our brands offer a range of options, from car and truck rental to on-demand car sharing that bring vehicles closer to where and when customers need them, by the minute, the hour, one-way, daily, weekly and months-long reservations. Our brands represent a mobility ecosystem of more than 11,000 locations in approximately 180 countries. With more than 70 years of experience in managing global fleets and with one of the largest fleets of connected cars in the world, we are committed to innovation and are moving the future of mobility forward.