Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who has experience building cloud native applications in an Agile environment. You will collaborate with team and architects to validate technical requirements. You need in-depth knowledge and expertise to help achieve business objectives and drive positive customer outcomes. You have experience aligning technical direction, tools, and techniques with forward-looking business needs and technical strategy. You can manage strategic initiatives and projects while also teaching and mentoring individual contributors, and teams in the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evolving architecture to solve for technical debt, support future needs, scale effectively, and continually meet/exceed SLAs.
- Guide best practice and approaches, and helping to shape the engineering culture
- Responsible for assigned integration, testing, and deployment tasks.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Lead team to drive engineering best practices around testing, CI/CD, architecture, and automation.
- Actively communicate and collaborate within the team and across functional boundaries.
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry experience is required
- Coding experience in Java
- Experience working with AWS cloud products and services
- Experience with popular open-source software such as Postgres, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis and Couchbase
- Experience working with NodeJS, React/Redux, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Experience with development frameworks such as the Spring/Spring Boot framework, Hibernate and knowledge of advanced SQL
- Excellent organization skills and can multitask across teams, and projects and priorities, with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Experience building command line tools
- Experience with CI/CD workflow
- Experience working with modern package managers (npm, bundler, pip etc.) and build systems (Gradle, Make etc.)
What’s in it for you:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage to meet all your healthcare needs
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible work arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance
- Extensive development and training offerings to help you grow with us
- Generous 401k match to help save for your future, and so much more!
In accordance with U.S. pay transparency laws, Veracode provides compensation transparency for roles based in the United States. Click here to view our compensation ranges by grade. Please note, specific compensation may be influenced by various factors including candidates experience, education, and work location.
Job Grade: Principal