IT Client Support Specialist
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The IT Client Support Specialist is a dynamic customer-facing on-site role responsible for providing effective Tier 2 frontline client support and deskside assistance, for Tufts faculty and staff using available technical tools.
- Provide support for the knowledge base, remote management suite, and a service-management database
- Deliver professional customer service, end-user training and consultation
- Record requests, incidents and status information through the use of ticket system
- Provide detailed documentation of all customer transactions via our ticket system
- Support the implementation and deployment of internal business systems
- Perform effective team and project work
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through a High School diploma and 3+ years of experience in the direct delivery of IT support and network services
- Strong technical skills in the configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows & macOS, Microsoft Office Suite, email and web clients, Antivirus software, TCP/IP, and imaging software and well as experience troubleshooting peripherals (printers, scanners) and handheld devices (mobile, tablets, PDAs)
- Proficient using remote desktop management tools, such as Ivanti/LANDesk Management Suite, Microsoft SCCM/MECM, Microsoft Intune, JAMF Pro/Casper, or Bomgar, etc.
- Knowledge of desktop security and standards (security/networking)
- Knowledge of trouble ticket systems (e.g. Service Now, ZenDesk, Remedy)
- Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration
- Experience with IMAP, LDAP, Microsoft ActiveSync, Active Directory and group policies, data recovery tools, Microsoft Exchange, WINS, DHCP, DNS, and TCP/IP
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must in this dynamic customer facing role
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills are a vital part to the overall success of people in this position
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work
- This position requires that the employee provide their own mobile device capable of sending and receiving business email, text/SMS and phone calls. The employee will receive a standard rate of partial reimbursement for this expense
- MSCE, A+, Network +, CCNA, ACMT, ITIL or other industry standard certifications
- Experience with IMAP, LDAP, Microsoft ActiveSync, Active Directory and group policies, data recovery tools, Microsoft Exchange, backup strategies, WINS, DHCP, DNS, and TCP/IP
- Experience providing technical support and services to classroom and computer lab environments
- Performing IT user administration and account management
- Experience using remote desktop management tools, such as Ivanti/LANDesk Management Suite, Microsoft SCCM, JAMF Pro/Casper, or Bomgar, etc.