Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Systems and Network Administrator
Toyota Research Institute
Los Altos, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re on a mission to improve the quality of human life. We’re developing new tools and capabilities to amplify the human experience. To lead this transformation in mobility, we’ve built a world-class team in Human-Centered AI, Human Interactive Driving, Energy and Materials (E&M), Machine Learning, and Robotics.
TRI's Information Technology team implements the tools and infrastructure necessary to support our extremely fast-growing organization. As a member of TRI IT, you will be helping build out our infrastructure as we grow and will support a highly technical user base by applying a diverse collection of complex software and hardware engineering tools.
We are looking for top-performing IT professionals with broad experience building infrastructures and supporting software/hardware engineering and research teams. The successful candidate thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments and quickly adapts to learn the newest technologies. The ideal candidate will have technical depth in multiple focus areas while maintaining an IT generalist approach.
- Collaborate with software engineers, roboticists, electrical and mechanical engineers, and scientists to test, implement, and maintain tools to further the mission.
- Provide customer-facing support within a hybrid workforce to users throughout the organization and of all skill levels.
- Build and maintain on-premise and cloud-based servers.
- Expand and support network infrastructure, including WAN, network switches, wireless networks, routers, and firewalls.
- Support the cloud-centric ecosystem that is being built.
- Support the integration of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications with cloud and on-premise systems.
- Maintain the availability and security of infrastructure through routine maintenance and patching of systems.
- Collaborate with a distributed IT team in Cambridge, MA, and Los Altos, CA.
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in a related position.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience supporting Ubuntu Linux, MacOS, and Windows desktop environments and operating systems.
- Experience designing wired and wireless networks, including WAN, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
- Experience supporting, managing, & maintaining Enterprise-class networks spread across multiple locations.
- Knowledge and experience using advanced routing protocols such as BGP.
- Well-practiced with Palo Alto Firewalls - both physical and cloud-based.
- Experience with SD-WAN solution - preferably using Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Proficient with Palo Alto Global Protect VPN Solutions.
- Experience with using Panorama to manage On-prem and cloud-based Palo Alto Network devices.
- Firsthand experience with Juniper Switches and Junos.
- Hands-on experience with Meraki Wireless solutions.
- Experience automating and integrating cloud-based services.
- A proven track record supporting Virtual Private Cloud infrastructures (AWS preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Specialization in one or more of the following areas is required
- Storage management of high-performance disk arrays and storage area networks.
- Application and infrastructure integration and automation.
- Security management managing firewalls and security infrastructure (Palo Alto Networks NGFW, Juniper SRX, or equivalent experience).
- Experience supporting networking switching and routing internally and across multiple connectivity vendors.
- Identity management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Okta, Duo).
- Virtualization management (VMWare preferred).
- IT project and resource management or management of a small IT team.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $147,000 - $200,000/year for California-based roles; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Note that TRI offers a generous benefits package (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave) and an annual cash bonus structure. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people with unique backgrounds, education and life experiences. We are dedicated to fostering an innovative and collaborative environment by living the values that are an essential part of our culture. We believe diversity makes us stronger and are proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all, without regard to an applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.