Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Toyota Research Institute
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re on a mission to improve the quality of human life. We’re developing new tools and capabilities to amplify the human experience. To lead this transformative shift in mobility, we’ve built a world-class team in Human-Centered AI, Human Interactive Driving, Energy and Materials, Machine Learning, and Robotics.
TRI's Facilities team is responsible for providing superior customer service and performing a range of duties to contribute to the successful management of TRI locations. As a member of the team based in TRI’s Cambridge, Massachusetts, the Building Engineer will play a key role in maintaining and operating TRI’s office and prototyping lab spaces, inclusive of independently completing a wide variety of handyman-level maintenance tasks and basic troubleshooting. This individual will work closely with the Facility Manager and should be capable of assuming most of the tasks of the Facility Manager in that person’s absence.
- Assist with day-to-day facilities engineering operations to effectively control all sites to achieve operational efficiency.
- Develop and provide for ongoing improvement of preventive maintenance and engineering procedures, preventive maintenance programs, budget operating costs estimates and comparisons in collaboration with Facility Manager.
- Monitor all building systems including fire/life safety, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Support building shutdown process and understand how it affects infrastructure; ensuring all teams affected have an understanding of the impact.
- Assist Facility Manager in all facets of inspections and surveys, including HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, and accessibility compliance.
- Develop specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Analyze data and identifies replacement, repair and maintenance challenges.
- Share opportunities with the team to research, test and measure and improve facilities programs.
- Assist with office moves and furniture reconfigurations, and office events as needed.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience and understanding of building systems and maintenance, including use of power tools and equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with a variety of personalities.
- Availability to respond to emergencies during off-hours.
- Ability to lift 50-lb and climb ladders.
- Proficiency in Google Suite or equivalent.
- Training certifications in any of the following: First Aid/AED/CPR, Fire Safety, General Emergency Situations and Evacuations, OSHA 10 or 40
- Experience working in prototyping, a research lab, or similar environment.
- Experience with office and lab renovations and understanding of construction drawings.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people with unique backgrounds, education and life experiences. We are dedicated to fostering an innovative and collaborative environment by living the values that are an essential part of our culture. We believe diversity makes us stronger and are proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all, without regard to an applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.