Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Digital Payments Data Specialist
Commercial and Retail
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Where you fit
Nearly two thirds of our B2C Retail sales volume are coming from cashless transactions; hence, the ability to accept different payment types is core to our ability to operate.
Allowing customers to pay the way they want, in a secure, fast and convenient manner, has long been core to the Shell payment strategy for Retail and key in offering the best customer experience whilst also relieving our Customer Service Champions.
In this role, you are joining US Payments Operations and work daily with functional groups in the Credit Card space to support the Retail Payments Business and IT operations as well as Fraud mitigation and management across the 14,000+ station Shell network in the US and Canada.
What’s the role?
As Digital Payments Data Specialist, you are the focal point for day-to-day Credit Card issues and Fraud control/mitigation.
Further accountabilities are as follows:
- Provides business consultation/expertise on Retail Settlement systems and associated interfaces when required.
- Support functional mailbox, issue escalations and resolutions – both internal and customer-facing - and operational requests.
- Supports the Payments operations focal point for merchant service initiatives.
- Provide support to identify and address integrated information/system opportunities and resolve inconsistencies in approach or processes to coexist in an integrated environment.
- Analyze business opportunities and escalate issues as appropriate
- Understand third party Applications used to run fraud programs
- Develop new tools for analysis, report metrics, analyse and build predictive fraud modelling tools.
- Liaise with third Parties regarding fraud programs/issues/analysis.
- Work collaboratively with sub groups within Payments
- Project support for payment initiatives
What we need from you
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience in the areas of cards, retail marketing & operations, and Retail IT operations
- High proficiency of MS Excel and MS Access is required. Advanced analytical skills – ability to manipulate data and produce detailed reports with variable level of details. Tableau is a plus.
- Strong experience in database management (SQL and the like) and experience working with mainframe processing
- Basic knowledge of the cards industry, as it relates to processing and operations, retail sales & operations and solid understanding of IT cards processing, database marketing, dealer settlement, and EPOS operations
- History of success in project and service delivery. It Ability to work against tight timelines and delivery requirements is a must.
- Customer focused and with good communication skills – verbal and written
- Cross-functional team collaboration experience and excellent technical skills. Experience in working with card issuers, acquirers, and card acceptance regulations
- Good understanding of the payment and loyalty transaction systems and processes in use today
- Knowledge of the Retail business together with experience in Operations Management, Shell IT Systems, and Project Management is a plus
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, interact with internal and external groups/business partners. Team player.
- Overtime and off-hour support may be required. Holidays and flex days must be coordinated with team members to ensure sufficient coverage. Incumbent may be on-call for critical issue resolution. Some travel required.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there. We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.