Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Engineer - Information and Data
Information and Data
Job Family Group:
September 26, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
As Engineer – Information and Data :
- Be responsible for leading design, development, verification, and validation of analytics driven solutions and products.
- Work in a cross functional team and develop analytic models (statistical, AI, physics enriched) for condition-based monitoring, anomaly detection, remaining useful life, materials forecasting etc.
- Be involved in the whole process of model development. This includes everything from root cause analysis, data collection and feature engineering to training, validating and implementing machine learning models, computing performance statistics and live model monitoring
- Work with stakeholders to identify & explore new avenues in Maintenance & Production towards predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Work alongside Analytics Specialist to turn Proof-of-concept codes to operational applications to be used by the business.
- Demonstrate collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with a proactive example of communication internally and externally
- Experience in data mining
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Azure ML, will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI)
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Key Challenges and Opportunities:
- Working in a virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication.
- Live operating plant data is currently not available. Ability to work with simulated data and or use your creativity to simulate data may be required.
- Opportunity to help business stakeholders understand the value of data science and advanced analytics will be there.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal with challenging situations.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels across the globe, across diverse time-zones.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, or related field with 2-3+ year of analytics development experience
- Knowledge in building AI/ML models across Energy & Reliability solutions
- Knowledge in the use of Python/R and/or other analytic software tools or languages
- Knowledge in data cleansing, data quality assessment, and feature engineering
- Knowledge in statistics and statistical model development. Experience in machine learning and other AI models.
- Experience with verification and deployment of analytics driven solutions and products.
- Demonstrated skill in presentation and influencing.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill at working in a global team setting.
- Excellent communications and stakeholder skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.