Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Planning Manager Pakistan
Downstream Supply Chain
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
The Lubricant Supply Chain (LSC) organization is a critical part of the broader Lubricants business, and critical to winning in the marketplace. LSC enables Shell Lubricants as the No. 1 Lubricants company globally, for 16 consecutive year. In LSC Asia Pacific (AP), we operate 8 Blending Plants and 3 Grease Plants in more than 10 countries, support business about 1 Billion Liters yearly. Reporting to the Supply Hub LSC Mgr - SEAPA, the role holder will lead the Country’s LSC Logistics team in integrated end to end logistics operations and optimizing using key supply chain business processes.
- Ensure that the Supply planning of Lubes Supply Chain is conducted in the most effective and efficient manner
- Managing the interface between ever changing demand and secure the supply capability of supply chain, and drive S&OP process.
- Leads the team to continuously improve inventory mgmt and supply competitiveness.
- Manage supply capacity of in-plant production but also 3rd party tolling/purchase to fulfil market demand.
- Ensure all purchase and trading activities are conducted fully complying the Group guidance including E&C, Trade control and etc.
- Develop and manage Fit 4 activities to support business growth.
- Ensure regional networking of export business to meet regional demand
- Commercially focused operational and tactical role to manage and lead the country planning team managing Production, local Contracts and Planning operations.
- Preparation of operational plans and management of supply issues in close coordination with local Suppliers, local and regional planners for Base oil, additives, Packaging & production.
- Ensure appropriate communication between all functions is supported by facts to enable improved decision making on scenarios, opportunities and constraints.
- Optimize inventory management of 4 distribution warehouses with a strong delivery on DIO, OTIF & CSI KPIs.
- Supplier capabilities and capacities are clearly understood and visible at a strategic (annual), tactical (quarterly), and operational (monthly) level of granularity, and forecasted demand is communicated effectively to suppliers.
- Ensure that manufacturing optimisation, inventory holding and customer service are continuously improved through the identification and elimination of waste.
- Ensure that communication between Sales/Mkt and Operations is continuously improved by means of S&OP process with fresh and accurate data, and deviations from plan are visible and agree recovery plans, root cause analysis with relevant stakeholders to prevent re-occurrence.
- Supports product introductions and withdrawals being made in a timely, efficient manner
- To maximise the use of IT tools to monitor procurement, inventory and demand analysis
- To understand sale and operation for effective capacity planning based on E2E value assessed
- To ensure compliance, control & exposure management
- To have up-to-date market insight of raw/sub materials to ensure competitive CP
- To hold communication with various local/regional stakeholders for flawless SC planning
- To keep the team capable to fulfil given tasks through continuous PDCA and coaching
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- SC management discipline & value chain e2e profitability
- Demand & Capacity management skill
- Understanding of C2/C3 cost element.
- Negotiation skill, Contracting & Procurement
- SC tactical planning
- Skill level of IT tools handling is required
- Commercial and economic acumen & compliance, risk & exposure mgmt.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.