Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Trading Cost Analyst
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
What’s the role?
The domestic crude oil Cost Analyst is a key team member with Trading and Operations in acquiring oil for: a) supplying refineries and b) selling to 3rd parties for profit. The Cost Analyst is responsible for tradebook recordings and tracking of provisions, losses, regrades and fees associated with the physical movement of crude from the point of origin to its final destination as a sale to the refinery or trade for profit within over 700 inventory locations and various grades for volume held in the custody by 3rd parties for STUSCo’s account. The Analyst performs account analysis of crude oil inventory and accounts payable/receivable as well as other trade book cost validations.
- The successful applicant will collaborate with various trade desks with the following responsibilities/accountabilities
- Actively engage with Crude Traders, Trade Desk Analysts and Operations to manage tradebook provisions and losses
- Monitoring over/shorts at 1300+ locations through Shell Pipe Line Company, various 3rd party pipelines, railcars, trucks and barges
- Creating and updating crude deals for loss/gains, regrades and variable costs associated with crude movements
- Manage counterparty set up in Endur
- Reporting to Trading and Operations on trucking over/short provisional and actual positions for prior and current month trucking activity
- Manage monthly evergreen roll for fees
- Work closely with End of Day team for accurate recording of quality bank curves. Create new curves for quality bank as needed
- Sufficient knowledge and skills in predicting and identifying root cause of problems in the daily course of business and in special projects. Additionally, take proper action to resolve them
- Ability to cover multiple roles, including roles on other desks
- Ability to take on additional projects outside of specific role
- Validating/Recording and submit to Settlements for payment of pipeline transportation fees, storage fees, gauging fees, quality bank, inspection costs, etc
- Ensuring compliance and embedding of SOX controls
- Work closely with Commercial Operations group, identify/implement/demonstrate commercial understanding/opportunities. Requirement to demonstrate CVA
- Provide quality loss and cost analysis/reports to Trading and Operations on an ad hoc basis.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- University degree is preferred, but candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered
- Ability to multitask within a high-paced environment with a detail oriented mindset
- Previous exposure to a fast past, high energy and demanding trading environment will be an asset
- Strong analytical and technical skills are a necessity
- Strong interpersonal and team building capabilities
For regular full-time or regular part-time employees of the Company (participating companies as listed in the Summary Plan Description), insurance coverage options include medical, dental, vision coverage, life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs. Employees also participate in a company pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Paid leave includes up to 6 weeks of paid vacation time, up to 11 paid holidays, and parental leave offering 16 weeks of paid leave to birthing mothers, and 8 weeks of paid leave for non-birthing parents. Additionally, employees are eligible for disability leave for up to 52 weeks at 100% or 50% of base pay. Shell also offers other compensation such financial reimbursement for adoption, wellness, education, and personal learning expenses, and some roles are eligible for discretionary long-term incentives. For interns, eligible benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs; participation in a 401(k) plan; and paid leave for up to 11 paid holidays. Additional information on Shell’s US benefit programs can be found at https://www.shell.us/careers/about-careers-at-shell/rewards-and-benefits.html
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.