Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Human Resources Jobs
Job Family Group:
October 25, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Where you fit
HR Operations and EE Experience (HR) provides global remuneration, benefits and services for all businesses and their employees. Global Payroll has direct management oversight for E2E Payroll responsibilities across 30+ countries, representing approximately 92% of Shell employees globally, including the Shell HR community, third party providers. Annually the global Payroll team is responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate and compliant delivery of approximately $14 Billion USD in total remuneration, in addition to extensive integration with pension and equity assets across all countries.
Reporting to the Country Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist is accountable for processing monthly payroll (salary payments, statutory payments) and verifying payroll administration against statutory directives and company guidelines, performing FCM controls, managing the payroll process by means of internal audit. In addition, the successful incumbent will participate and lead local/regional/global project as assigned and champion continuous improvement activities.
The incumbent will also liaise with various internal (i.e. HR & Finance colleagues, HR in Country, Policy Benefits & Services, IMTC (International Mobility and Tax Compliance), Employment Tax, Employee’s and Line Managers) and external (statutory body, PwC) stakeholders to resolve complex cases and provide exceptional customer service.
They must ensure all Financial Controls and Data Privacy Rules are accurately executed to fully address the business risk in an environment with high monetary materiality and safeguard from Data Privacy breaches.
What's the role?
- Knowledge of the Run Payroll-process and ensuring on time processing of the scheduled payroll runs.
- Responsible completing the validation and analysis in accordance with the Global FCM (Financial Controls Manual) framework. ensuring accuracy of FCM control reports and the payroll.
- Focal in ensuring all statutory and non-statutory payments are executed timely.
- Compilation of payroll data input (tax and pension), upload and resolve any inconsistencies in the payroll system.
- Assist Payroll Specialist and provide backup coverage to perform payroll processing and testing.
- Actively lead Continuous Improvement projects, cost reductions, and process performance improvements.
- Ensure payroll records and control files properly retained and timely declared as record per Group Record Management.
- Timely handle employee queries via Salesforce and meet SLA requirements.
- Ensures documentation of key processes are kept evergreen and align with global requirements.
- Prepared Global control reports for respective cluster. This is inclusive of Threshold, Variance and Duplica bank account report
- Ensure all reports and supporting documents are prepared and sign off accordingly to timeline
- Prepared Financial Reporting i.e Directors Remuneration, Payroll Costs, KMP Reports and etc. It can be monthly, quarterly of yearly reports based onbusiness requirement
- Actively involve with respective countries yearly activities i.e EA
- Back Up for Payroll Processor, and to include any SP testing required
- To assist processor in project involvement
- University Degree – preferably in Finance, HR, Accounting or Business
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in Payroll Operations
- Knowledge of WD/SAP HR/Payroll system
- Being proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.