Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Finance Analyst - Statutory Reporting
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Would you like to get to know ins and outs of the Upstream business? Norway is the asset that has it all – upstream gas and oil production, operated and non-operated assets, new energies projects, JV partners and close cooperation with the government. If you have a passion for accounting, reporting and financial analysis and you would feel proud to see how your work is crucial for Norway to comply with the group, statutory and tax requirements, you should be interested to be part of Norway Reporting team.
Where do you fit in?
R&A Norway team supports Norwegian Upstream entity (A/S Norske Shell) with end-to-end R&A scope: from finance in the business, through FP&A, to Reporting and Controller. Norway is an important pillar of Upstream Lean portfolio, with stable production and cash flows from its two operated assets and one non-operated asset (FY 2022: Production ~90 kboe/day, Opex ~ $300m, FCF ~$1bn). R&A Norway team works hand in hand with the finance team located in Norway, fully displaying the One Team mindset and supporting each other on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Norway Controller and R&A Lead you will be part of a dynamic, high-performing business finance team supporting a key Lean asset with new challenges, driving process execution of business finance activities and consistent high-quality insights, which enable Business Leaders to effectively manage and optimise the business.
Next to this, you will be an integral part of the wider Norway, NAM and ONEgas UK team and play a important role in identifying and implementing improvement initiatives and sharing best practice and learnings across the organisation.
What’s the role?
The role gives a high degree of autonomy in shaping the way how to deliver expected activities. It gives a great opportunity to understand the financial results of an Upstream. As the person holding this role would be responsible for accounting of complex transactions (impairment, pensions and others), as well for preparation of the Statutory Accounts, it is key for the overall success and credibility of the Norway Reporting team.
The direct reporting line is to Norway Controller and R&A Lead with some interface to Norway FM, Norway PAR Lead, Norway Payroll, as well as the other FO teams supporting Norway. The scope of the role can evolve over time, to align with the business priorities.
Specifics of the role include:
• Support Legal Entity Controller with end to end preparation of statutory accounting and reporting; as well as Company File updates and Statistical Reporting.
• Responsibility for pension accounting, impairment controls and other period close activities and controls.
• Provide expertise to FO and non-FO stakeholders for the areas of responsibility.
• Ownership and the resolution of reporting issues providing steer to stakeholders on financial queries.
• Support team with complex transactions, implementation projects, group accounts audit.
• Handle ad-hoc requests for financial reporting/analysis.
• Act proactively in case of any system issues, adapting to the changes initiated by the Group, thinking of improvements in the existing processes and implement them to ensure operational excellence of the process.
• Execute controls assigned according to the work instructions.
• Ensure quality support for internal and external audits (controls, financials, SIA and other); co-owning the end results and driving improvement and remediation actions.
• Actively participate in the back-up structure.
What we need from you?
• Strong understanding of financial reporting, IFRS and local statutory requirements.
• Experience in using SAP and advanced Excel skills would be an advantage.
• Specific Upstream experience gained in previous financial reporting roles would be a plus.
• Very good communication and presentations skills. Ability to explain financial results in clear way despite complexities to various stakeholders.
• Ability to work in virtual teams and regardless of formal organisation lines (effective collaboration within natural working teams).
• Ability to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes, eliminating non-value activities (Continuous Improvement mindset).
• Displays Personal Effectiveness: Analysing and Decision Making - Right first-time mentality.
• Self-starter - to proactively review issues and identify solutions.
• Ability to perform work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a dynamically changing and demanding environment, ability to quickly learn and adopt to new requirements and tasks.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.