Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Job Family Group:
August 23, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
In Project & Engineering, we believe that an inclusive and diverse workplace is essential to our future success as well as provides the opportunity for growth to people from all walks of life across the globe. Our selection criteria focus on getting the best talent for the job and we encourage you to apply for the role if you believe your experience, skills, competencies, or diverse perspective can make a difference. We are committed to bias-free resourcing, allowing equal opportunity to everyone.
The Subsea Engineer is accountable to the Gumusut Kakap Geronggong Jagus East (GKGJE) Project Delivery Manager in P&E Malaysia for the delivery of Subsea scopes in the deepwater portfolio. This role will be working on the total delivery of Subsea systems through the Project Delivery/Assurance Process, encompassing design, fabrication, construction, installation, and commissioning including Project-to-Asset handover.
The GKGJE Phase 4 Subsea Engineer will be an active member of the Deepwater Project Delivery team and will play an active role in growing a positive team culture premised on the Shell Golden Rules & the P&E Identity
What’s the role?
- Functioning as package engineer for Subsea project development and delivery.
- Subsea equipment and facilities Design, procurement, execution, and supervision.
- Engineering review of technical and non-technical deliverables.
- Lead design, construction, installation, and commissioning safety reviews.
- Fabrication support for multiple onshore sites (including handling of Site queries, Technical Deviation, etc.).
- Construction support for multiple offshore sites (including handling of Site queries, Technical Deviation, etc.).
- As-built verification and Project to Asset management.
- Handling of interfaces with internal and external parties/organizations for technical and non-technical issues.
- Support other Operating Units and Assets in the region for review and assurance activities, ensuring compliance with Company standards.
- Mentor junior Subsea engineers
What do we need from you
- Engineering Degree with at least 10 years in project delivery in the upstream environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SURF discipline and offshore execution.
- Involved in at least one major subsea project, including offshore assignments in a monitoring and assurance role.
- Have an excellent technical knowledge base, including deepwater subsea systems, controls, and subsea distribution systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage execution of scope through Contractors.
- Ability to use global standard work processes across a variety of projects in an international setting and for multiple customers.
- Effective communication with management, technical and commercial specialists, and operations staff in all disciplines and across several regions.
- Understanding of marine operations and interfaces during offshore installation and IMR campaigns.
- Good understanding of ROV operations, tools and contingency planning during subsea installation.
- Possess a passion for safety and quality.
- Skilled in offshore subsea codes (API, ISO, and international codes).
- Working knowledge of typical subsea equipment and hardware fabrication processes.
- Experience in installing XT & THS from the Drilling Rig is essential.
- Skilled in critical path scheduling and project/construction management.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Able to document work and maintain accurate and meticulous records.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
Ø Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
Ø Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
Ø We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
Ø We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Ø We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.