Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
What’s the role?
Currently seeking a Commercial Operator, to join our Commercial Operations Sulphur & PetCoke Team. This team is responsible for managing the physical delivery of Shell’s domestic and international movements of Sulphur and PetCoke. The team of commercial operators work within the Fuel Oil North America Trading Team, to optimize overall profitability through its commercial acumen and expertise in blending, scheduling and refinery operations. In delivering its value to the Shell organization, the team engages with the many internal and external customers in the Sulphur and PetCoke supply chain.
The company seeks to attract a Commercial Operator with strong technical, analytical, and commercial skills. Demonstrated teamwork, resilience, and ability to collaborate well with other team members, groups and businesses is key. This is a complex and dynamic part of the trading business and, as such, this is a high profile and demanding role suitable for a highly motivated candidate. Candidates with future interests in commodity trading and commercial negotiations are encouraged to apply.
- Schedule and optimize the monthly supply plan for incoming refined products by truck, rail, and vessels to meet demands for Sulphur
- Execute the supply activities by ensuring product quality handling is consistent with local requirements as well as Shell HSSE and Product Quality standards in a cost effective and efficient manner for the assigned region
- Deliver Operation Excellence and create commercial value through meeting and optimizing logistics/transport operating budgets
- Focus on optimizing demurrage targets by effectively communicating and interfacing with appropriate teams
- Meet service levels and minimize runouts & product quality incidents
- Manage supplier partnerships and relations
- Demonstrate continuous improvement mindset though challenging norms and always striving for ways to improve existing processes
- Apply commercial understanding of the business and seek to add value by exercising commercial and logistic options
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain or Engineering
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience preferably within a large Oil and Gas, Midstream or Trading Organization
- Advanced Excel. (Macros/Solver/Database Management)
- Possess knowledge in commodity measurement / API standards, HSSE and commodity operations
- Lead or support the month end process for reporting production volumes and inventories in systems and for group to reconcile gaps
- Knowledge of Endur and PowerBI is a plus
For regular full-time or regular part-time employees of the Company (participating companies as listed in the Summary Plan Description), insurance coverage options include medical, dental, vision coverage, life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs. Employees also participate in a company pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Paid leave includes up to 6 weeks of paid vacation time, up to 11 paid holidays, and parental leave offering 16 weeks of paid leave to birthing mothers, and 8 weeks of paid leave for non-birthing parents. Additionally, employees are eligible for disability leave for up to 52 weeks at 100% or 50% of base pay. Shell also offers other compensation such financial reimbursement for adoption, wellness, education, and personal learning expenses, and some roles are eligible for discretionary long-term incentives. For interns, eligible benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs; participation in a 401(k) plan; and paid leave for up to 11 paid holidays. Additional information on Shell’s US benefit programs can be found at https://www.shell.us/careers/about-careers-at-shell/rewards-and-benefits.html
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.