Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Finance Advisor Lubricants
Job Family Group:
August 9, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritized based on value and risk. They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
The Finance Advisor will be responsible for a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Lubricants Finance Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g. control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity:
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) to the Lubricants Sales and Marketing and Lubricants Supply Chain business autonomously and coordinate the involvement of CoEs.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision-making and in performance management.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
- In activities where FO and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and drive the accountability for delivery with the accountable people (the Finance Advisor is explicitly not acting as an ad hoc fixer to mitigate process performance issues).
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the Finance Manager.
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity (“demand management”).
- Maximize use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.