Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Pipeline Engineer
Job Family Group:
July 5, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Where You Fit In
The Senior Pipeline Engineer will provide pipeline specific expertise, safety leadership and effective input to the planning & management of HSE and personnel security in support of SMEP pipeline assets. The Senior Pipeline Engineer will be the interface between SMEP Maintenance and key stakeholders, both internal and external, on matters related to changes to the pipeline system purpose, development and execution of the inspection, maintenance and emergency repair schemes for the systematic examination, testing and integrity assurance of the pipeline system including recommendations to maintain and improve integrity to meet required life in a safe, cost-effective manner. The Senior Pipeline Engineer is expected to continuously improve SMEP’s pipeline maintenance philosophy through identification of state-of-the-art technologies, industry learnings and global collaborations through communities of practice of the pipeline discipline.
As Senior Pipeline Engineer, you will be accountable for the following requirements:
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership and be accountable for the safe and reliable operations of SMEP pipeline assets in compliance with the Shell HSSE Control Framework, Shell technical integrity/performance standards and manuals, and industry and regulatory codes and standards.
- Apply the Shell Asset Management System standards and recommended practices to deliver fit-for-purpose pipeline maintenance strategies that provides both high asset reliability and a competitive total cost of ownership for SMEP pipeline assets.
- Responsible for assessing and executing risk-based pipeline inspection and maintenance scopes namely in-line inspection, underwater inspection and geophysical surveys, in line with the principles of Risk-Based Inspection. Be able to deliver and execute safe underwater repair activities if required.
- Support and enable flawless Project-to-Asset (P2A) transfer for future pipeline developments.
- Focal for SMEP pipeline related activities and maintain good working relationship with key stakeholders – Sabah & Sarawak Maintenance, Operations, Reliability & Engineering, Geomatics, HSSE, Labuan Supply Base, Supply Chain, Projects, Integrated Planning and Finance.
- Tender Holder and/or Contract Holder and/or Contract Representative for Pipeline Maintenance contract(s). Be able to fulfil role with utmost regards for HSSE and Ethics & Compliance whilst adhering to PETRONAS Procedures and Guidelines for Upstream Activities (PPGUA) and PETRONAS Tenders and Contractors Administrative Manual (PTCAM) requirements. Fulfil Contract Holdership role(s) strictly according to Shell’s Contract Management and Contracting Practice (CMCP) processes and Shell’s General Business Principles.
- Is Technical Authority Level 3 ready or be able to work towards a minimum of Technical Authority Level 3 for Shell’s pipeline discipline.
- Maintain and support the establishment of SMEP Pipeline Emergency Response capability.
- Support Audits and Review Teams and deliver sustainable closeout of audit findings.
- Sustain the SMEP pipelines talent funnel through coaching and development of Graduate Pipeline Engineers.
What We Need from You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, Chemical, or equivalent) with minimum 10 years of relevant working experience within Pipeline Engineering in the E&P environment with demonstrable experiences in pipeline maintenance and integrity management in the Operate Phase.
- Understanding and appreciation of ASME 31.8, ASME 31.4, ISO 13623, DNV-ST-F101 and API industry standards.
- Familiarity with relevant vendors and industry options to be able to propose safe, reliable and competitive solutions for SMEP pipeline assets.
- Experienced in pipeline integrity management and understand pipeline operation challenges in both shallow and deep-water environment.
- Experienced as Contract Holder or equivalent. Knowledge in navigating Shell’s CMCP, PETRONAS’ PTCAM/PPGUA is preferred.
- Strive for a strong performance and continuous improvement ethics; focused on the delivery of outcomes to secure competitiveness and value creation for Shell.
- An effective integrator and fluent communicator, able to manage operational uncertainties, including multiple interfaces, and cross functional inputs to deliver tasks safely and flawlessly.
- Strong teamwork skills with experience in working with engineers and multi-discipline teams.
- Possess excellent communication skills in being able to influence contractors to deliver performance in medium to high-risk contracts.
- Possess excellent communication skills in being able to deliver technical and strategic communique to external stakeholders (i.e. PETRONAS, joint venture partners)
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
- Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
- Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.