Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Systems Engineer - Service Now
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
February 23, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
Information and Digital Services and Operations (IDSO) provides an extensive global portfolio of IT services to Shell. The IDSO challenge is to deliver services required by the business and yet remain within affordability ceilings. Business demand for IT services is constant and business activity and strategic growth place a constant pressure on IT spend. Consequently, ITSO needs to provide secure and reliable operations and services while also delivering cost reduction opportunities and containing business requested demand growth.
What’s the role
As a Systems Engineer – Service Now, you are responsible for the development and sustainment of the application landscape of ServiceNow application. You must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. You’ll be the day-to-day service integrator in the IT Service Operations organization, supporting Delivery Management to provide efficient and effective services and contribute to Top Quartile performance in costs and processes.
Aside from above, you are expected for the following:
- Hands on working in Servicenow SecOps which includes Security Incident Response and Servicenow vulnerability Management.
- Working with the project to deliver a supportable initial implementation.
- Represent the voice of IT Operations during the initial implementation of ServiceNow SecOps & Risk InsighT Module, which is delivered by a project team, utilizing an external implementation partner.
- Contributing to the sprints to help the project deliver successfully.
- Transitioning into a knowledgeable E2E support engineer in the DevOps team, once the project completes, the external implementation partner leaves, and the internal DevOps team (you) takes over to run and further enhance the product.
- Manage relationships with third party teams and vendors.
- Continuously increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services. Changes / Configuration
- Request Management; Execute standard Requests.
- Change Management; Assess/Implement configurations and enhancements.
What we need from you:
- 5 to 8 years software engineering and/or systems support experience
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT.
- Solid ServiceNow SecOps (all modules) & Risk Insight (all modules) skills
- Prior experience working in Operations and delivery teams
- and a collaborative management style, both face-to-face and virtually
- Very good knowledge of ITIL – all process management aspects
- Good understanding of UI Policies, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, HTM, CSS
- Candidate should have REST API Integration knowledge
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.