Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Chemical Feedstocks Trader GTP
Job Family Group:
October 12, 2023
Posting Start Date:
What’s the role?
The Shell International Eastern Trading Co (SIETCO) Chemical Feedstocks, Chemical Products, LPG trading team is responsible for all NGLs, Condensate, Naphtha, and Commodity Chemical Products trading activities in the East of Suez (US domestic condensate is handled in conjunction with crude team). The Chemical Feedstocks Trader is expected to contribute in building a successful and profitable portfolio that looks to generate value through a combination of customer flow, supply arrangements, product optimization, speculative trading and risk management.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Participate and execute regional/global Chemical Feedstock Strategies and Tactics in order to meet an annual Global Margin Target
- Manage and Optimise supply/demand of Chemical feedstocks in accordance to both physical and financial drivers
- Working with the Asset to maximize Shell's end-to-end margins
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with both diverse customers/suppliers and internal stakeholders. Travel, mostly East of Suez is expected.
- Consistently seek to improve and optimize existing trade flows and devise/implement new value propositions
- Understand and coordinate regional financial and fundamental analytics for chemical products which is communicable to the global chemical products team and regional cross product groups
- Identify and capture trading opportunities in order to generate Margin either through Physical negotiation and levers or financial derivatives, leveraging on Group Manufacturing, EP or Supply/Distribution portfolios to formulate trading strategies based on your own forward supply/demand analysis
- Execute trading strategies to hedge or otherwise manage the exposures arising from the trading positions
- Perform duties in accordance with the relevant Trading & Supply (T&S)’s Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE), Compliance policies and systems.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Minimum 3 years Trading experience in either physical Condensate or Naphtha Markets (Far East)
- Experienced in utilizing paper derivative instruments in order to execute hedges and/or proprietary trading positions
- Individual who is Analytical Minded, High Energy/Drive, Adaptable, Comfortable with taking Risk
- Team Player, able to work closely in a team to generate book strategies
- Keen on relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for Trading and identifying/capturing money making opportunities
- Fluent in English, Fluency in a 2nd Language ie. Chinese is preferred.
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
More about Shell in Singapore
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.