Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
SAP Consultant (Project System)
Job Family Group:
August 7, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Integrated Gas and Upstream
The Blueprint Business Excellence (BE) team is the Business Center of Excellence for Upstream and Integrated Gas who act as catalyst to drive value delivery and improve business performance through embedding and improving SAP Blueprint/BGSAP/Maximo and its supporting business processes. We apply E2E (End to End) business lens to ensure process collaboration with our deep experience in IT, Process, Data, Organization and Business Project Management. Our scope is cross-functional where the team support GPOs (Global Process Owner) and processes ranging from Finance, Contracting and Procurement, Supply Chain, Asset Management/Maintenance, Capital Projects and Wells.
The Blueprint Business Excellence consists of 3 teams: (1) Asset Management Integration Team; (2) Process and Data Integration Team and (3) Sustain and Improve team. This position relates to the Sustain and Improve team. A key dimension of the Sustain and Improve team is to drive Blueprint, BGSAP/Maximo and CAPs (Connected Applications) system requests, E2E, in partnership with the Businesses, Functions and IT, and to support automation of processes. The team reviews, assesses and generates new ideas, translates Business/Functions requirements into a high-level process design and IT design in partnership with the relevant Process Owner, IT Execution and IT Architecture teams.
This Project System Senior Business Analyst position sits within the Sustain and Improve team. In this role, the incumbent is required to have a deep knowledge of SAP Projects Systems and Project Portfolio Management (either ECC or S4 HANA version) and will be responsible for changes where there is ERP & Connected Applications related impact to specific Projects and Wells process and related master data. This role requires working closely with a diverse set of stakeholders in Finance Operations, Process Owner teams and IT providing a high degree of cooperation across work-streams such as Contract and Procurement, Asset Management as well as other business processes.
• Manage the scope of ERPs (ADC, Blueprint, BGSAP and associated Connected Applications footprint) relative to Projects and Wells change requests, ensuring the integrity of the E2E design by assessing and defining business process and functional requirements and suggesting the high-level IT design where applicable. This includes reviewing the business requests, capturing requirements, and assessing and working the solutions with the relevant Projects and Wells process and IT teams.
• Identify and support process automation using relevant tools to enable value generation for Shell via process efficiency and effectiveness
• Coordinate and assure, through ISM Network structures, the flawless delivery of Blueprint/BGSAP enabled improvements, minimizing business operational risk with changes to systems/org structure and processes.
• Lead and facilitate Process Community collaboration (Process Architects and Process Experts, FO Operations team, ISM Super Users)
• Coach and mentor junior process business analysts within Sustain and Improve team by organizing and providing required knowledge transfers on specific processes and sharing changes and/or improvements.
• Provide leadership to colleagues within Sustain and Improve team to ensure E2E process effectiveness and efficiency through optimal process/ERP design and deployment.
Experience and Requirements:
• SAP Project Systems/Enhanced Portfolio and Project Management on ECC or S4 HANA versions. Previous work on Oil and Gas environment on a large construction project will be a significant advantage. Familiarity with non-ERP connected applications used in large projects like Primavera. At least basic process knowledge on Joint Venture Accounting, Asset Accounting and associated Master Data. End to End thinking to properly evaluate process and system impacts is key. A natural curiosity for processes will help the incumbent of this role.
• Deep knowledge of SAP for Projects as used in large construction projects including appropriate collaboration across platforms and connected applications.
• The nature of the role requires the ability to lead and advocate a strong position in relation to requested changes, with a specific lens on maintaining E2E simplification and total cost of ownership of the solution. The incumbent will need to be able to articulate and challenge any proposed business case focusing on strategic alignment.
• Proven track record of process analysis and translation of problem statements into requirements
• Demonstrated ability to convert business requirements into potential solutions.
• Preferably with business consulting/analysis background and minimum 10 years working experience with SAP with at least 5 years in a lead role. Experience of ERP/CAP process support or in projects is an advantage.
• Experience of delivering small to medium size projects
• Ability to lead virtual teams driving delivery through others is vital and will include the need to liaise and coordinate across functional groups and process areas. The ability to influence stakeholders without formal authority is key.
• Excellent influencing, presentation, networking, and people skills.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and to work independently.
• Dealing with multiple parallel activities and priorities.
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.