Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Continuous Improvement Lead
Job Family Group:
September 6, 2023
Posting Start Date:
The Transformation Excellence organization is one pillar of the Operational Excellence organisation. Transformation Excellence Finance comprises ~50 continuous improvement/transformation excellence Specialists who are assigned to specific deployments (Process, Finance in Business or Functions) with a small central team responsible for management of Standard Ways of Working, Competence and Learning Curriculum, and a team of ~30 developers and specialists supporting Finance Operations in deploying Smart Automation tool sets to drive their digital ambition. This role provides CI and change management support for Finance’s Operational Excellence agenda in selected Finance Operations Process areas: Energy Risk and Accounting.
The principal objectives are to support the Process / Finance leadership teams in:
- developing a CI capability and mindset within their teams, including delivery of the CI Learning Curriculum where appropriate,
- developing a strategic process agenda (Integrated Process Plan) which addresses changing business and functional needs and opportunities to evolve and transform the Operating Model and use this to provide strategic context to CI activity,
- generating and prioritising ideas from the wider organisation (incl. front line) to optimise and improve the current Operating Model,
- delivering the CI initiatives, working across other CI teams, processes and the wider business and function as required and ensuring that the CI methodology is employed in a fit-for-purpose manner to deliver sustainable benefits through disciplined and efficient change management.
- Previous experience in delivering training,
- Black Belt trained level in Lean Sigma,
- Very good level of English,
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Engineering,
- Minimum 5 years-experience successfully driving systemic improvement in transactional environments, and minimum of 5 years leading or facilitating CI activities,
- Leadership effectiveness in driving enterprise-level initiatives, with ability to influence outcomes, gain senior stakeholder support in developing strategy and setting business priorities,
- Outstanding business partnering and influencing skills
- Strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills,
- Ability to work out problems, design and implement new approaches from a sound base of CI knowledge,
- Ability to identify process gaps/waste and recommend improvements.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.