Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Surveying/Excavation Focal Point
Job Family Group:
August 28, 2023
Posting Start Date:
This position is to deliver Surveying support for Shell Nederland Chemie B.V. (SNC). Based at Moerdijk you will work in a multidisciplinary environment to manage the surveying data and safe excavation plans, requirements via permits and permissions for the execution at the SNC production site as well as outside where there is an impact to the site. The site consist of 4 worlds scale production units including the Filling and Dispatch and General Facilities.
- You manage save excavations from an engineering perspective and in compliance with the WIBON legislation by issuing excavation permits (internal) and responses to KLIC notifications (external). In this way you also prevent impact on the (underground) infrastructures.
- You manage the local surveying grid and transformation process on site and you are custodian of the procedure for 3D laser scan requirements. You support the interpretation of the data which you own by issuing for example tank settlement reports.
- You are responsible for the translation of surveying data and engineering drawings/models to keep the underground service drawings (Vakbladen) up to date.
- You manage the files of new and historical soil mechanical reports and Land registry documents.
- You support the process for temporary accommodations.
- With historical information, Land registry data and legal deeds you provide input in Site Specials such as Land acquisitions and HSSE permitting.
- On a daily basis you provide steer to draftsmen and technical admin in the team.
- Regular presence on site to verify HSSE compliant execution and general assurance verification is expected.
Your contribution to operational excellence, no RAM 3+, Cash, Together 24/7 Excellent and Excellent Craftsmanship are important behaviors required for this position to help in our journey “Together we outrun the European competition at Moerdijk.
Personal requirements are:
• Work structured and accurate
• Proactive attitude
• Strong communicator
• Problem solver
• Team player
- Bsc in Civil Engineering or relevant education linked to Land Surveying ;
- Relevant experience in the field of Surveying;
- Active ambassador of Shell HSSE principles;
- Experience in using ArcGIS and Microstation or ACAD
- Speaks Dutch or is willing or capable to learn Dutch on a short term
Dimensions: Scope of Role and key Challenges
By managing the site wide surveying data you support maintenance, project and Turn Arounds at site. Your role in excavations is key to prevent damage to people and infrastructures.
Dimensions: Reporting Relationships
You’re part of a 14 FTE strong team reporting to the Civil & Tanks Team Lead. This department is part of Mechanical and Inspection (M&I) which report to the Engineering Manager.
Dimensions: Primary interactions
- Asset teams (excavation permits, surveyors, accommodation permits)
- HSSE (Soil & groundwater, excavation, facility siting)
- Projects (engineering input: UG infra, UXO, historical Geotech info, obligations to third parties)
- Doc data (UG drawings, ArcGIS)
- TA (temporary accommodations)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.