Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
IT Ops Lead - Global LNG
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
August 20, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Shell LNG Marketing and Trading (SLMT) is the market leader in LNG, with one of the most diversified portfolios and largest market footprint. Over the next decade, the LNG market will become more commoditized. Greater competition, more liquidity, deployment of complex analytics and AI in LNG trading combine to create a different, more competitive environment.
Where you fit in
Shell uses Energy Trading Risk Management (ETRM) software for the lifecycle of the Trading process, from trade capture, through scheduling the commodity for delivery, to actuating settlement and capturing the transactions in accounting, multiple application build on Azure data functions and reporting for trade decisions. As part of the IT Operations team, IT Ops Lead is responsible for delivering smooth operations of applications and their related back-end technology.
What’s the role
- Build key relationships with multiple parties like IT Business Managers, Competence Centre Managers, Application Managed Service providers, Infrastructure Service providers etc.
- Technical and functional skills, influencer, Data &Analytics exposure
- Ensure regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the business, processes, applications, information, and data associated with the portfolio.
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement and drive to get them implemented.
- Act as a functional expert for both business process and management information in the delivery space.
- Represent at the design sessions which take place each sprint within the SLMT D&A team to ensure design and development from the start considers not only IRM and architecture needs, but also supportability requirements.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Independently captures and tracks risks and issues and maintains change logs. Examines project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with project team members as required. Produces operational reports and ensures that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree related to IT and at least 9-12 years of experience working in an operations team closely associated with fast- paced project delivery teams using agile methods.
- Experience of delivery within a trading environment and working directly with traders.
- Possess strong environment management skills, especially in Azure Cloud (App Service, Function App, Storage Account, Azure Data Factory, Cosmos DB, Azure Key Vault, Log Analytics, Vnet/subnet).
- Knowledge of physical commodities trading markets and organizations (LNG, physical gas or oil).
- Technologies used: Python, Bokeh, Holoviz Panel, Docker, Terraform, Azure DevOps, .NET Core, React, API Services, Azure SQL Database, Alteryx, Power BI, Power Query, and Power Automate.
- Exposure to Compliance and Application Support roles and delivery experience as a Developer in the past.
- Exhibit confidence in challenging decisions with well-thought-out arguments and demonstrate excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Collaborative team player who proactively communicates and shares knowledge.
- Experience in working flexibly and independently on various project types, structured and unstructured.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.