Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Commercial and Retail
Job Family Group:
July 14, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Where you fit in
At Shell Energy, we believe there’s a better way to power your business.
Aligned with Shell’s ambition to be a significant global power business and to become net zero by 2050, we are here to guide businesses to a better energy future. One that has the customer and a commitment to cleaner energy at the heart and makes it easy and affordable to embrace new technology.
We offer businesses across Britain 100% renewable electricity as standard. Our cleaner, affordable and simple solutions help companies manage their energy spend and plan their sustainability roadmap - a fresh approach for environmentally conscious businesses that are looking to boost their sustainability credentials. We also offer natural gas to our customers with the option of supplying green gas on request.
What’s the role?
This is a great opportunity to join our operations team to support our gas and power customers with any of their metering requirements.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for working with customers to identify metering works, liaising with third parties to get the works completed, keeping our customers informed and optimising the experience for them along the way.
As well as this you will be responsible for maintaining the gas and power portfolio to improve industry read performance through the roll out of AMRs and the use of MRAs.
You will get the opportunity to join a key business initiative and support with establishing, improving and documenting operational processes for a critical part of our business.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the AMR roll out programme
- Working closely with Third Parties and Customers to complete metering jobs
- Resolving queries via emails, phone calls and tickets
- Maintain and analyse Industry read performance
- Delivering the Change of Agent Process for gas and power
- Using industry knowledge to manage exceptions
- Supporting Debt Collection activities
- Timely and accurate processing of Industry flows
- Cleansing of data (correct address details, asset details and reads logged on industry databases)
- To be able to handle daily metered sites: installs, change of class, FEQs and consumption queries
- Processing of Annual Consumptions (AQ) and Standard Offtake Quantity (SOQ) reviews
- Updating internal (Junifer and AFMS) and external systems
- Creation of reporting as well as analysis of reporting provided by Third Parties
- Provision of weekly and monthly KPIS
- Stay abreast of industry developments and attend regulatory events/workshops related to metering
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with extensive knowledge of gas and power industry metering processes and prior experience of processing industry flows. You must also have experience of managing gas and power reads.
We also hope you possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Project Management experience is Advantageous
- Experience working with Junifer and AFMS (ideal)
- A team player and be able to build effective working relationship with internal & external colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic and self-driven, able to achieve deadlines
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.