Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Associate Engineer - Process Data SSW
Information and Data
Job Family Group:
August 18, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit
Technical Data Management (TDM) is responsible for managing the data used in Upstream businesses related to the “Technical Disciplines”. This includes among others identifying the user needs regarding data and analysis, providing consultation on sources and quality of data, on data definition, on data warehousing, on methods of data management, and providing training/supporting users of technical data.
What’s the role?
- Operational support: loading/managing subsurface data (well data, well logs and well documents; core data; to and within corporate and project databases
- Responding to the Subsurface & WRFM data team / end-user requests e.g., resolving data quality issues through proactive daily monitoring of IQM queries, reactive identification of data issues or provision of data sets to the government.
- Participation in the elements of Data Projects where execution can be performed in a back office / centre of excellence– e.g., data migration to align with new / global standards.
- Driving data quality improvement through interaction with local data analysts / consultants
- Highlight and resolve challenges / issues identified during the data intake and loading phase
- Identify and apply efficiency improvement initiatives through application of analytics.
- Perform data management tasks including engagements with Asset focal points for diligent Quality Checks and closing-out data gaps.
- Participate in existing network and share key achievements and challenges.
- Demystify the process complexity and identify simplification opportunities
- Graduation in Petroleum Engineering/Geosciences/Geophysics or relevant
- Experience: Freshers/1-2 years of relevant experience in any one of the area - subsurface disciplines, technical data management
- Relevant academic & Project experience in a similar role/organization
- Knowledge / Skills in managing subsurface data types.
- Ability to connect and verify the consistency and correctness of the data across multiple data sources
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.