Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Downstream and Renewables
What’s the role?
This role will be responsible in delivering civil engineering support for the Shell Energy and Chemicals Park Rotterdam. Based in Pernis, you will work in a team of other civil engineers in a multidisciplinary environment to manage the civil assets. The civil scope covers: Geotechnical & Structural (concrete/steel) structures, civil drainage systems, buildings, nautical facilities, tank pits, (rail) roads, Insulation & Coating (Fabric) desin, Fire & Explosion protection design, Refractory and Liquid containing structures.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and assure inspection plans for multiple production units and deliver scope to the Maintenance department
- Write and/or authorize inspection reports to inform the production unit about the status of the equipment
- Translate inspection findings into recommendations for repair according the RAM matrix
- Owns the scope for the civil long term program to ensure long term integrity
- Assure the civil aspects in plant changes in your production units
- Perform initial engineering checks and support your colleagues with this skill
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with relevant experience in the field of civil maintenance or projects (preferably in Oil & Gas). You’ll also call on your degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant technical area.
We also hope you possess the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in Asset Management.
- Knowledge of processes around Management of Change.
- Excellent communicator
- Problem solver
- Team player
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.