Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Deal Structurer
Commercial and Retail
Job Family Group:
July 25, 2023
Posting Start Date:
As a Senior Deal Structurer, you will have the opportunity to support customer growth in the B2B market by enhancing our pricing and product functional expertise. You will be responsible for deal structuring bespoke energy contracts across both fixed and flexible energy products to support our business’ growth ambition in the B2B space measured against the metrics set out in our 10-year strategic plan.
Where you fit in
The Senior Deal Structurer will be responsible for credit assessing the customers and making credit recommendations, structuring the power and gas supply offering to customers along with managing the profitability of our Flex customers through their lifetime.
You will be great at managing multiple projects under pressure, getting a cross-functional team organised and be comfortable liaising with internal and external business partners. Working collaboratively across teams to build our flex capabilities to allow us to expand our Flex offerings.
Leading on deal structuring energy product offers, working with sales, demand forecasting, supply, risk, legal and finance to position our offer effectively, presenting recommendations to senior management.
An excellent verbal and written communicator able to build great professional relationships at all levels of the business, focused on consistent delivery of high-quality work.
You will get the opportunity to deliver significant contractual improvements that will have tangible benefits for our business customers.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Analysis of the customer’s energy consumption/generation, cost stack and risks to achieve commercials outcomes
- Working with our Shell energy partners to include value-add services; renewables (REGOs, Green Gas & PPA), carbon offsets, demand-side response, behind the meter technologies
- Develop and own contractual performance monitoring, advising operational functions on purchasing, billing, payment, metering and reconciliation
- Establish robust processes to mitigate risk
- Work with IT to develop scalable automated systems to improve the customer experience and optimise commercial returns
- Identify product development opportunities
- Portfolio analysis
- Management of the profitability of Flex customers through their lifetime
- Credit decision recommendations
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with proven experience working in a similar structuring role within an I&C supply pricing team. You’ll also bring in your excellent analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
We also hope you possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Demonstrable technical skills with significant knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic and Microsoft Office. (Python would be an advantage)
- Experience working with IT to deliver system changes and leading initiatives/projects across multiple departments, creating a virtual team focused on delivery
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility, extremely organised and a skilled planner who is happy to work under your own initiative and with others
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.