Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Systems Engineer - Emerging HPC
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
June 7, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
We work on exciting and innovative super-computing technologies, and related IT services which serve as direct enablers of Shell’s Digital Powering Progress Journey. The Emerging HPC & Service Development Team is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of HPC workflows with particular emphasis on new, changing, or emerging HPC workloads. The team works closely with application developers, production and research scientists, other teams across Shell and 3rd parties to achieve this productivity.
What’s the role
- Involves day to day interaction with HPC Users to ensure their productivity is as high as possible.
- Understand requirements around emerging HPC requests
- Propose optimal HPC solution based on existing HPC on-premise & cloud toolkit
- Monitor and repair workflows that utilize HPC
- Manage the work to align with agreed and changing business needs
- Optimize workflows for efficiency as well as minimizing negative impact on HPC infrastructure
- Teach customers to effectively utilize HPC without requiring customers to have in depth HPC knowledge
- Continually evergreen to utilize most cost effective HPC solution
What we need from you
- Degree or work experience in one or more of the following: Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physical sciences, Geophysics or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 9 years of experience in IT with relevant experience in High Performance Computing industry
- Knowledge in designing and deploying HPC workflows including AI/ML
- Physical Science and mathematics knowledge to be able to quickly grasp and understand all the subsurface applications that are supported
- Ability to create innovative solutions within both on-premise and cloud environment
- Ability to convert requirements into innovative implementable technical solutions
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.