Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Engineer - Maintenance (Off-Plot)
Technical Support Jobs
Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Responsible for preparing Off-plot work for Pernis so that it can be carried out safely, timely and efficiently.
- Responsible for translating scope into a complete plan of execution with required materials, resources, and a corresponding cost estimate.
- Assessing the quality of incoming notifications (requests for work)
- Prevents the buildup of backlog by preparing work on time.
- Active application of the AMS-ME procedures to the planning process for the discipline in question and propagating this to fellow planners
- Controls pre-scheduling relationship between BSD and BFD for relevant discipline in GSAP and impact on the schedule.
- Ensure proper data quality for Off-plot in GSAP
- Ensure that costs are booked correctly and that workorders are financially closed in time.
- Contribute to the MeMi (scope change) process for outsourced work.
- Look for and realize cost optimizations.
- Gives input to the Major Maintenance lead planner with regard to the performance of the Off-plot planning process.
- Gives input to the budgeting cycle of Off-plot.
- Manages documentation and administration of prepared Off-plot work and transactions (e.g. mail correspondence, quotations, etc.)
- Items within the job:
- Preventive maintenance
- Rope access inspection pipebridges
- NRV’s/ Safety’s
- CUPS project Europoort
- Exchange brand water equipment
- Develop job plans for Mechanical-Static works (e.g. replace fat / clean valves, clean-up traces, rope access inspection pipe bridges, maintenance of NRVs/PSVs, replacement of firewater equipment, create simple CAIRs) with a cost-driven focus and with the asset/shell standards/Best Practices of float-based scheduling and cost control.
- Prepare Initial response, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Job hazard assessment, setting out risks anticipated required while performing tasks and creating Permit to work
- First level diagnosis of damage history, determining the failure mode on the basis of anomaly reports and information given in corrective maintenance work request/ notification.
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resource, special tool, material and service requirements availability before the job begins
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors and modify the work packs as recommended/required by the site maintenance personnel.
- Anticipate & plan for mandatory spares, tools and tackles and manpower required for Mechanical-Static equipment, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the work pack
- Should be able to coordinate with Third Party Vendors, OEMs and Service Providers for execution of specific targeted maintenance scopes. Understand the process of mobilization of manpower to offshore asset.
- Able to initiate a purchase requisition, track supply chain, find the right material masters and verify the correctness of bills of materials.
- Understand the concept of manhour estimation for maintenance activities by incorporating HOTT, referring Global norms and best practices etc.,
- Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- Understand the concept of work clustering for complex multi-discipline scopes using scheduling tools like Primavera to be able to optimize timeline for a shutdown or campaign.
- No Annual budgets which you directly control but can have influence over department and production area budgets.
- No direct staff, but the candidate is expected to coach/mentor less experienced staff
- Strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication,
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels, across diverse time zones.
- The role will involve working in shifts (Afternoon/Evening/Late Evening Shifts) to have enough interface with the asset/plant to be supported remotely/virtually.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multitask simultaneously.
- May involve travelling to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
- Responsible for all Planning activities for the Static Equipment planning with a total purchase order value of significant amount
Skills & Requirements:-
- University Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgical/ Industrial/Oil & Gas or any other equivalent maintenance related Engineering Degree.
- Mandatory 5+ years of Industrial/field experience in operations and maintenance/ maintenance planning/engineering in Refineries/ Petrochemicals industries.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience as Maintenance Coordinator, Corrective Maintenance Planner, Work Preparer, Maintenance Engineer utilizing SAP software in in Refineries/ Petrochemicals industries
- Candidate should have good exposure to Maintenance Execution, Risk Assessment, Knowledge of MOC procedure, FSR Creation/Review process, HSSE regulations, policies and procedures, plant operating limits, safeguards, and interactions between process units while supporting Shell’s Upstream, DSM or IG units.
- Virtual Working Experience is preferable.
- Skill in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SAP Blueprint / GSAP, Excel, Power BI
- Works effectively in a Team environment, takes guidance through work instruction.
- Working knowledge of Blade/Asset Management System (used to be Game Maintenance Execution) maintenance processes in Shell Oil & Gas.
- Self-starter, good communication, report-writing, and presentation skills.
- Customer focus with strong stakeholder management, strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programs
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.