Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Offshore Construction Engineer
Job Family Group:
Regular (FTC) (Fixed Term)
July 28, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
The Offshore Construction Team plays a special role in Shell Malaysia Project & Engineering, by delivering the physical aspect of Shell’s asset, with Transportation and Installation done in the most technical viable manner, safely.
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you’re here. You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You’ll have limitless opportunities to explore – whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking in a different direction.
What’s the role?
- Manage HSSE for all installation/construction activities and barges/vessels operations in compliance with Company’s policy, standards, requirement and aspirations.
- Provide Construction input for guiding, advising, reviewing of engineering studies, and procedures; and obtains relevant endorsement and approval prior to mobilization of resources for transportation and installation of offshore facilities (pipeline, substructures, topside structure, umbilical) and construction activities.
- Oversee, supervise and co-ordinate on derrick barges/lay barges/vessels mobilization and final demobilizations.
- Oversee, supervise and co-ordinate on derrick barges/lay barges/vessels loadout from EPC yard.
- Oversee, supervise and co-ordinate OIC’s representation on EPC yard.
- Ensure all works (different projects and different resources-barges/workboats) are executed with consistent standards and in compliance with Company’s requirement covering HSE, quality and costs within the framework of the contract.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders i.e. project, asset, operations, maintenance, drilling, marine, geomatics, aviation, diving, etc. team to ensure adequate support for project executions.
- Liaise with and manage contractor to ensure resources (derrick/lay barges, cargo barges, tugs, equipment, construction, & marine crew, etc.) meeting Company’s standards are made available in time for all project execution.
- Post award contract management, encompassing (but not limited to) RFQ, PO, CO, Invoices, VOWD, Closeout, etc. in accordance to to Shell Group Business Principles, PETRONAS' standards, policies and procedures.
- Double up as the Secondary T&I CSR during offshore work execution.
What do we need from you?
- Essential Education and Qualification
- Minimum 10 years working experience in oil & gas industry with at At least 5 years experience in T&I offshore construction, hook-up and commissioning, with the use of multi-Purpose Vessel
- Significant thorough knowledge in offshore construction, transportation and installation, with the use of combi barge, dumb barge, pipelay barge, DPDSV and other type of marine spread.
- Significant general knowledge in ROV, Surface Diving or Saturated Diving contractor management.
- Applicants must be flexible and mobile to travel/relocate to support business needs as and when required.
- Applicants will be required to travel to offshore facilities to support business needs as and when required.
- Applicants must have general knowledge of Petronas PPGUA requirement with reference to T&I.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
Ø Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
Ø Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
Ø We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
Ø We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Ø We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.