Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Planning & Appraisal Business Analyst
Job Family Group:
August 31, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Delivery Planning, Appraisal and Reporting (PAR) activity for of the Integrated Gas and Upstream (IGU) is a critical enabler for the effective performance and risk management of our businesses. The IGU PAR teams, through regular reporting & planning cycles, provide world class finance support for senior leadership decisions, based on the business results. These roles are also critical to the delivery of the business plan: comprising the annual Operating Plan with long-term Strategic Plan Updates. This is a role that brings you close to the business, gives an understanding of IGU and requires to be passionate about delivering directly/indirectly high-quality and relevant insights to business stakeholders.
Where do you fit in?
The PAR IG Business Analyst will be part of a professional finance team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal of the business. The incumbent will be one of IG team members and whereas certain activities and accountabilities are dedicated to individual team members, the team largely works as a pool, allocating the work and assigning activities based on capabilities, skills, availability and individual development objectives, jointly ensuring that the team delivers as required.
What’s the role?
As a PAR IG Business Analyst you will be responsible for the execution of PAR activities and consistent high-quality insights, which enable IGU Leaders to effectively manage and optimise the business. The role gives a great opportunity to understand the financial results and value drivers of the IGU business. In addition to that, you will be an integral part of the wider IGU PAR natural team and play a critical role in implementing the broader PAR agenda, including delivery of global PAR processes, identifying and implementing improvement initiatives and sharing best practice and learnings across the organisation. The scope will include the following:
- Ensure that business performance is well analysed and accurately reported in management information packs delivered on a regular basis
- Within the team, take ownership for assigned deliverable (eg Global operational / financial KPI owner, line of business reporting and planning, supporting specific asset or specific tasks)
- Contribute to preparation of the annual Business Plan and related assessments to together ensure a sound submission
- Contribute to preparation of performance overviews and appraisals
- Take ownership to ensure the quality of data and analysis is ready per agreed timelines with stakeholders
- Manage ad-hoc projects and requests, including insights on cost saving opportunities; reliability of capex latest estimates, etc.
- Develop productive relations with key stakeholders to deepen team's understanding of deliverables and use this understanding as a lever to review and enhance assigned outputs
- Formulate and effectively communicate concise performance insights to senior leaders through management information
- Actively contribute to, further define and embed improvement agenda
- Effectively prioritise activities, competing priorities
- Role modelling and driving a OneTeam mindset, that avoids any silos within the IGU PAR community
What we need from you?
- University degree in a finance related discipline
- Finance professional with relevant 5+ years of experience with high interest to be improved in business performance management
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to quickly interpret, link and translate complex data quickly into concise insights, understandable to both finance and non-financial stakeholders
- Strong communication and business partnering skills, with ability to collaborate effectively across a matrix organisation, and across organisational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels
- A fair understanding of financial and management reporting
- Ability to remain resilient under pressure, manage conflicting priorities, whilst maintaining a strong value/risk focus to everything you do
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.