Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
IT Application SME
Information Technology (IT)
Job Family Group:
September 26, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Conventional Oil and Gas (COG) is a material generator of value for Shell. We responsibly meet the energy demand of today, while delivering significant cash to invest in the energy of tomorrow and fund shareholder returns.
Of upmost importance is that we deliver results consistent with our values. This means:
- ensuring no harm to people or the environment
- operating with integrity in all our business activities
- valuing diversity and creating a respectful and inclusive environment for all our people
COG is a diverse portfolio, Our assets stretch across 15 countries and include some of Shell’s longest-standing relationships (over 100 years in Malaysia, over 90 in Brunei and Iraq, over 80 in Nigeria, UAE and Oman)..
Delivering more value with less emissions
In COG, value over volume is in our DNA. We reduce costs in our lean assets by simplifying our operating model - removing layers, increasing accountabilities, and taking a risk-based approach. We will continue to high-grade our portfolio, focusing our spend and expertise on opportunities with higher margins and lower emissions.
Shell has been a partner in fuelling Malaysia’s progress for over 125 years. Our journey with the nation is intertwined – in as much as Shell has played a role in growing the country’s energy sector, Malaysia has also played a significant role in the company’s progress.
Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia’s oil and gas industry and fueled its growth. We discovered Malaysia’s first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater.
Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
At Shell Information and Digital Technology (IDT), our mission is to build world-class teams equipped with the right capabilities and skills to meet the ever-growing demands of our businesses. This means empowering our people with the right resources to upgrade their skills and make them ready for every challenge.
Where you fit in
As the IDT Application Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will be responsible for providing guidance and assistance in the development and evolution of business applications. You will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of system/digital platforms that facilitate Shell Malaysia Exploration & Production’s (SMEP) safe and efficient operations in line with Shell’s overall purpose of Powering Progress. Your expertise in ITIL, ITSM, system management, and knowledge of oil and gas relevant applications will enable you to effectively understand business requirements and translate them to applicable IDT solutions.
About the role
- Establish/Maintain sustainable IDT application support processes that include incident management and change management including problem and incident management processes for the relevant application landscape
- Supporting change and/or enhancement requests to application landscapes / infrastructure components to ensure changes are released into the production environment without an impact to service
- Manage a small number of contracts for suppliers of IDT services.
- Provide operational/solutioning expertise with regards to Cloud, end user computing, hosting/storage and connectivity technologies in collaboration with other subject matter experts and support groups
- Proactive in managing End of Life and aligned with application portfolio team in terms of application road-maps
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a related IDT or related field.
- ITIL, ITSM, knowledge of system/digital platform or equivalent
- Based or frequent travel to Miri, Sarawak
- Familiar with Cloud (Azure/AWS) technologies and platform
- A highly collaborative and engaged individual
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
- Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
- Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
- An innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
- An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
- A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.