Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Tech Specialist - Project Economist
Production and Manufacturing Downstream
Job Family Group:
August 17, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
The Project Economist is responsible for participating on Business Opportunity Teams for low-carbon intensity and/or non-hydrocarbon based transformation and new value opportunities to support the delivery of s transformation into an Energy & Chemicals Park. Key aspects of the role include:
- Developing and assuring Economic models to evaluate the economic feasibility of transformation and new value projects; developing models to reflect the integrated value chain associated with the opportunity
- Developing economic datasets for each model derived from internal pricelines, open-book pricing, macroeconomic conditions, understanding of government policies, and applicable financial models, e.g., buy vs lease analysis
- Developing open-book economic scenarios in support of external fiscal framework advocacy
- Delivering robust and fit-for-purpose uncertainty and risk analyses, effective and timely challenge to support quality investment decisions by key customers - Business Opportunity Managers, Decision Review Board members, Decision Executives,
- Providing consistency in economic analyses via effective integration, compliance, and use with given standards, guidelines, processes, pricelines, external and internal economic datasets, and various analytical tools (cash flow models, tornado sensitivities) to enable reliable comparison of opportunities.
- Performing project screenings in early opportunity development phases
- Maintaining site-based economic screening tools; providing coaching and assurance to Opportunity Leads
- Participating in Economist Quarterly connects
- Key interfaces with Business Development & Commercial, Economics & Scheduling, Project Delivery, Technology, Joint Venture, Finance, Tax, Trading & Supply, Digital & Business Transformation workstreams, Government Relations, Environment
- Knowledge in Aspentech PIMS
- Strong analytical and communication (oral, written) skills with the ability to grow into a trusted advisor.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.