Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Engineer - Process Data SSW
Information and Data
Job Family Group:
August 14, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where you fit
The SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world. Technical Asset Operations (TAO), which sits in SEAM, is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Chemicals and Products (C+P), Integrated Gas/Renewables and Energy Solutions (IGRES) and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes. The TAO teams are located across 4 locations: Chennai, Manila, KL & Krakow.
What’s the role?
Snr Process Data Engineer for Reservoir Engineering is expected to be connected with various subsurface and reservoir engineering colleagues in assets and streamline and document the data management process. Scope of the work covers also help for the Well, Reservoir and Facility Management (WRFM) community in extracting the required data for any WRFM review process, as well as help for the assets in capturing fluid, pressure, reservoir properties and managing key subsurface uncertainties. Candidate is expected to have good Knowledge of reservoir performance analysis and maturation of hydrocarbon volumes. Experience in analyzing and reporting HC Resource volume data, Subsurface/Production Benchmarking, Annual Business Planning and Reserves Reporting to SEC are added advantage.
- Work closely with Assets / Reservoir Engineer in maintaining and providing necessary access / data for various reservoir studies / reviews.
- Understand and provide support on necessary reports & workflows during the annual reporting cycles (internal and external)
- Support Reserves Reporting, Subsurface Benchmarking and Portfolio Analysis
- Integrate subsurface data types such as production, pressures, etc. to present meaningful insights using industry standard data visualization tools. Perform quality check and connect with relevant stakeholders for verification / rectification.
- Support Assets with Reserves estimation and classification, Decline Curve Analysis (DCA) based Production Forecasting, Well Test interpretation and MBAL Modelling
- Participate in reservoir engineering network and share key achievements and challenge.
- Be a team player and assist other colleagues in reservoir engineering process / workflows as required.
- University Degree in Geoscience, Reservoir engineering, Petroleum Engineering or relevant
- Required 2+ yrs experience in relevant areas such as Field Development Planning, Reservoir Studies, Production Forecasting, Subsurface Benchmarking, Annual Reserves Reporting, etc.
- Good Data Management skills in identifying data sources, analyzing data quality, and providing reliable data
- Good understanding of various data types such as production, injection, fluid, pressure, reservoir properties etc.
- A good understanding of the end-to-end Upstream Asset Development
- Working experience in the Reservoir Engineering related applications (OFM, MBAL, Kappa - ECRIN) will be advantageous
- Skills in Data analysis (using Python), data integration (using VBA, Power Query) and visualization (using Spotfire, PowerBI) are added advantage
- Experience in applying Continuous Improvement methods for process improvements is a good addition
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.