Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
SC Procurement Specialist SMDS
Contracting and Procurement
Job Family Group:
June 26, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
Where do you fit in?
Progress towards a powerful future with Shell as a key partner of our global Supply Chain and Contracting & Procurement team, where you directly impact our value chain and help us achieve our ambition of net-zero emissions.
As a SC Procurement Specialist, we offer the opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic and innovative organization. You will have a global reach as you operate commercially through our digitalized platforms that contributes to a low-carbon Supply Chain. Experience how we power lives by prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of our Supply Chain communities. Here, we foster a diversified, equitable and inclusive culture that offers an environment for growth and development, but most importantly you will be inspired and encouraged to be yourself! You will be based in Wisma Shell, Cyberjaya supporting the Shell Upstream Business in Malaysia that is involved in efficient development and extraction of crude oil and natural gas offshore Sarawak and Sabah with rich history > 110 years.
What's the role?
Manage the execution of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned portfolio and collaborate with:
- Shell stakeholders in development / execution of procurement strategies with the aim of value maximization. [Pre-award Phase] Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. Align with Business/Function priorities to deliver integrated cost saving targets. [Post-award Phase]
- Procurement Managers, Category Managers and regional Manufacturing Senior Buyers to maximize value from Operational Contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) and Category contracts
- Regional Trading House Procurement Managers to optimize third-party low value spend through Trading Houses
- CP Delivery resources based in the Asia Pacific region to maximize delivery in SMDS. The Buyer will be responsible to ensure supply continuity to the Shell Business. Senior Buyer is accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy to optimize Shell’s buying power and reduce the overall 3rd party spend.
- Responsible to ensure supply continuity to the Shell Business and also accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy to optimize Shell’s buying power and reduce the overall 3rd party spend.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned purchases which meets the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to CMCP as an overall ‘guidance’.
- Strategy to be presented 6 months before the contract expiry and award to be completed before the contract expiry.
- Drive contract performance and spend reduction through contract management.
- Deliver at least USD 350K in Third party spend savings year on year. The target changes per year.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Manage one of Purchases and reduce/rationalize the number of contracts/suppliers.
2. HSSE: Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell’s personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas. Implement Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
3. Business Interface:
Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from Shell Business and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. Constructively challenge the Business Demand, Specification &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
4. Supplier Interface: Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics through contract management (Eg: HSSE, Operations, Cost). Constructively challenge the suppliers in terms of contract performance while building a strong network in the market, be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- People: Build effective working relationships with others and make a constructive contribution within the team. Provide support and guidance to other team members where possible.
- Process: Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus. Work with Short and Long Form Model Contracts Library (MCL) Contract Template to establish competitive terms for the contracts.
What do we need from you?
Qualification & Delivery
- A degree level (Business/Engineering) or proven experience within CP.
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Working knowledge on waste management/reclamation, HSSE materials, MRO, Aircon Service would be preferred but not mandatory.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory. ◦ Demonstrate understanding of the Group CMCP process and commercial contract management technique
- Track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes ◦ Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Mix of operational experience and global/regional corporate roles, multiple Line of Business
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a ‘must have’ in all CP
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, enterprise first
- Understands business and speaks business language
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience
- Proven track record of commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Ability to work independently and have strong analytical skills
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability.
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change. Team player who is able to build long term relationships.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.