Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Engineer - Reliability PACO
Job Family Group:
July 28, 2023
Posting Start Date:
Projects and Technology
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities and positions from existing lines of business (Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream) and central teams (PTS, Asset Management Excellence). With a broad geographical footprint, this will enable the new team to support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
The role of the Engineer-Reliability PACO, TAO requires to understand the complexities and intricacies of maintenance activities of Field instruments, Analyzer instruments, control system instruments like PLC, DCS instruments in oil and gas industry by studying the operations and maintenance manuals of OEMs, general task lists, equipment specific task lists, Test certificates, maintenance reports, spare part list, maintenance strategies etc., and technical discussions with global, site maintenance leads/technical authorities & OEMs/Vendors etc.
Prepare maintenance strategies, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant availability
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Perform engineering activities covering all key areas of instrumentation technology including flow, level, temperature, pressure measurement, valve sizing and selection, and analysis.
- Identify unit performance improvement opportunities and reliability risks, and work with Area team to determine and implement cost effective solutions.
- Author plant changes (MOC) within the instrumentation discipline and provide Technical Assurance of plant changes by other disciplines and departments
- Conduct or support failure analysis and causal investigation of instrumentation failures or incidents. Own, lead and resolve MTO threats with cost effective, root cause solutions.
- Lead Proactive technical monitoring activities using site data and tools.
- Network with other sites TAO personnel to maintain a high quality of work and proactively seek best practices and new technology opportunities (ie. Wireless technology, Smart instruments)
- Support the clean-up of asset Critical data, including P&IDs, Instrument data (SPI) and SAP.
- Support instrumentation equipment obsolescence planning and upgrade strategies.
- Support the turnaround instrumentation plan and work list for assigned areas. Provide active support for the implementation of instrumentation scope during turnarounds.
- Perform PACO engineer role and other technical functions, with scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.
- This role is expected to provide remote support on the asset engineering activities.
- Provision, as subject matter expert (SME), for Technical Support that enables the operating units, Sites to leverage the benefits of utilizing the Engineering Services-Reliability Study, maintenance strategy to the fullest extent.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- University Degree in Instrumentation & Control/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical or related full-time university degree.
- Broad exposure in Operations and Maintenance, with at least 08 years relevant experience in the Control & Automation Engineering discipline and a good understanding of the Maintenance process/system in Oil & Gas or Petro-chemical industry.
- Prior engineering experience is required
- Sound knowledge in Instrumentation and Controls with working experience in field instruments (including control valves), control systems (DCS, IPS, vendor local panels etc.), analyzers , hydraulic systems, auxiliaries and interfaces system (e.g., serial link cable, Modbus, Profibus, FF etc.)
- Experienced in engineering solutions and driving plant changes in an operating environment.
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions.
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial skills, and proven ability to influence change across an organization and geographies.
- Exposure to Preventive/ Corrective/breakdown maintenance and turnarounds.
- Experienced in engineering solutions, driving plant changes, and managing projects in an operating environment. FAT/SAT participation experience is an advantage.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders, including senior management for day-to-day operations. Includes initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- Strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication, as well as using Office Communicator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Resilient under pressure and able to work with people of different cultures and working styles.
- Willing to travel to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer and able to negotiate with people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise integrity of data quality.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds, diverse geographies, and organizational levels across diverse time zones.
- Ability to identify continuous improvements in his own work, business processes, practices etc. to create value to the organization.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.