Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Full-Stack Software Developer
Sensata Insights delivers world-class, cloud-native solutions based on our industry-leading telematics and sensing devices with intelligent edge technology designed to solve real business problems in fleet, transportation/logistics, asset tracking, and automotive-related markets.
• Key participant in the design, implementation and deployment of highly scalable microservices into the cloud
• Assist with difficult problems by offering pragmatic and practical solutions
• Update and maintain technical documentation
• Ensure appropriate automated unit and integration test coverage of developed code
• Collaborates with other team members to establish best practices and maintainable processes
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
As a Cloud Software Developer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Insights Device Manager (IDM) system. IDM is a cutting-edge solution for over-the-air (OTA) updates and configuration management of IoT devices primarily used in vehicle tracking applications. The system comprises a front-end website built using Angular and C# and multiple back-end services also developed in C#.
Your role will involve managing the dynamic and templated configuration of various device hardware and firmware combinations, ensuring the appropriate configuration format is applied to each. IDM supports multiple IoT device families, each utilizing different communication protocols (XBPS, COAP, IOTC2), and you will be responsible for integrating and translating the generic configuration tree to these specific protocols, as well as extracting information to display OTA update progress and statuses.
With a range of IoT devices currently in development and frequently receiving new firmware updates that often introduce changes, you will need to adapt IDM to accommodate these updates, whether non-breaking or breaking, and ensure the system remains up-to-date and functional.
Knowledge / Skills
- Familiarity with cloud providers (Azure preferred).
- Experience in developing real-time data or telematics services on Serverless Application Model and/or container orchestration environments is a plus.
- Understanding of RESTful API concepts.
- Knowledge of platform architecture and engineering non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability, reliability, performance, and interoperability.
- Familiarity with a range of IoT and Digital technologies, including but not limited to
- Kafka, PostgreSQL, .NET, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform with Frontend framework Knowledge.
- Azure Services including IoT Hub, Event Hub, Azure Functions, Blob Storage, CosmosDB, Azure VMs, VNETs, and Azure Load Balancers.
- IoT Network technologies and protocols such as MQTT, REST, AMQP, HTTPS, Websockets
- Contribute to the development of cloud services for data ingest and device management for real-time telematics solutions.
- Support the integration of new IoT devices, cloud platforms, and other data sources through acquisition and aggressive organic growth.
- Collaborate with global firmware/hardware teams to design new features and solutions related to device management.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.