Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
The Process Engineer is responsible for developing or modifying manufacturing processes to increase product performance, improve manufacturing efficiency and boost profits. This position works closely with design engineers, equipment vendors, program managers, marketing, and quality engineers to support the development of new electromechanical products. Responsible for providing the overall process design and suggest measures to improve product design for manufacturability. This includes the development of new equipment and process flows as well as developing cost estimates for labor and capital.
• Key participant in the development of new production processes and/or adapt existing production processes for assembly, calibration and testing;
• Define specifications for production equipment and interact with mechanization (in house) and/or equipment suppliers to ensure equipment will meet specifications;
• Key participant in global new product development project teams to enable successful launch of new products;
• Collaborate with other departments on process specifications, quality aspects, product specifications and continuity of equipment;
• Influence product designs during new product development phase to ensure economical and defect free manufacture;
• Developing new or improved manufacturing and testing processes that are necessary to achieve the performance and cost requirements of future device applications;
• Organize the arranging of sample lines and process development equipment;
• Key participant in advanced quality planning activities;
• Coordinates all functional requirements, the reviewing of designs and debugging /qualifying new high volume assembly /test equipment or tooling;
• Transferring knowledge to make site personnel;
• Support improvement projects to reduce cycle time, defects and manufacturing costs;
• Work with suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure processes are capable, have sufficient controls in place, can meet our delivery requirements, and meet our cost targets;
• Evaluate Sensata’s and suppliers technical capabilities including tooling design, build experience, maintenance program, processes and process controls, cell automation- if required, quality control systems, and material knowledge.
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience;
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands;
• Strong communication and organizational skills;
• Working level of MS Office and English language;
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.