Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Sensata/Lithium Balance is an international company with many locations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Firmware Engineer is responsible for overseeing the various software programs through the company by running multiple analyses, tests and performing digital coding.
You will be part of a dedicated software team, who work closely together with our hardware and test team to ensure that the development of BMS software is thought into the design from the start.
The Software Engineer is responsible for implementing the BMS software/firmware to meet specifications through analysis, design, coding, test & validation.
Additionally, you will help maintain existing code base and investigate, debug and fix problems found in the field in collaboration with our application support team engineers.
• Key participant in analyzing, designs, programs, debugs and modified software
• Collaborates on the troubleshooting of codes for firmware applications
• Organizes analog and digital hardware and software operating systems
• Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design
• Key participant in the programming of machine language, assembly language and high level languages
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
For this role we are looking for someone with a strong software development background – must be proficient in low level C/C++, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science educational background is required, understand the value of SW test and know how to make testable code, experience with embedded RTOS (preferably FreeRTOS or SafeRTOS), good understanding of HW, experience with Agile development (Scrum/Kanban), good interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers and proficiency in English – both verbal and written – is a need.
• Team of skilled colleagues to spar with and learn from
• International company profile with possible future personal growth and opportunities.
• We have a dynamic team that takes pride in ensuring high quality products and ensuring that the documentation is clear
• You will be part of a team with quick decision-making paths and participation
• We work in project teams to ensure a good and open dialogue, because we believe that together we will achieve better results
• Unique working environment with 50 enthusiastic development engineers in a
very fast-growing international company.
• An opportunity to take part shaping the transition into a green energy future and to develop software that might be an essential part of your future electric car.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.