Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Internship e-Mobility Elastomers
Student should investigate elastomer compounds compatible with existing and future oils
Aim: consider alternative compounds for the current AEM, ACM and FKM seals in transmission, oil and (future) E-propulsion oil coolant pressure sensors with state-of-the-art elastomer optimized for cost and performance.
• Investigate the dynamic automotive oil types landscape in oil, transmission or other E-propulsion sensors.
• Setup generic elastomeric requirements derived from current customer specifications and New Business Opportunities application specifications which includes low and high temperature conditions, pressure ranges and media compatibility like swell and permeation.
• Outline the application boundary conditions of polyacrylate elastomer and fluorocarbon elastomers
• Consider partially fluorinated or fully fluorinated degradable carbon monomers that is expected to remain exempt in the upcoming PFAS regulation.
• Use current suppliers to co-develop elastomer compounds and validate on compound level and determine at least 3 new compounds for at least 2 suppliers.
• Concept Validate new compounds and predict lifetime (conditions) of current and applications
Your Background: Student Mechanical Engineering / Applied Physics / Chemical engineering / Materials Science
- BSc. graduation project 6-9mth
- or MSc traineeship / graduation project 3/9mth
• Preferred: Affinity with Design for Six Sigma approach
• Pro-active approach towards Sensata internal parties
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.