Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
The Quality engineer supports product engineering roadmaps and customer product selections together with the cross functional teams at Sensata. The Quality engineer will critically evaluate the proposed product technology and supports implementation of Lessons Learned and best practices including during the development and launch phases.
The Quality engineer will need to posses a strong technical understanding of Sensata’s products and their applications, a strong understanding of manufacturing processes, and the motivation and ability to independently reach across geographical and cultural boundaries to solve problems.
• Organizes designs, implements and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products
• Key participant in planning, implementing and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution
• Organizes design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
• Collaborates on analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary
• Develops methods for testing, sampling and training
• May act as internal consultant by providing technical guidance on most complex projects
• Works with quality inspection supervisors to train and oversee inspectors in their use of control forms, procedures, and correcting quality problems
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation (English preferred)
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Setup and drive continuous improvement roadmap for assigned product family to reduce Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) or quality systems.
- Setting up, maintaining, and deploying Lessons Learned & best practices
- Supports product engineering roadmaps and application product selection with cross functional team
- Become Quality SME for a specific product family and supports NBO/customer projects.
- Apply DFSS concepts and risk mitigations to assure development of zero-defect designs
- Perform project quality tasks for Tech development projects and launch activities.
- Obtain deep understanding of product CTQs and application/system knowledge.
- Understands reliability aspects of a specific product family and can contribute or lead reliability analyses of the specific product family / technology.
- Understands product safety aspects of the product family and related applications and supports safety risk analysis.
- A Quality engineer can also be or become an expert on a specific Field as Reliability, FUSA, etc. and act as an SME in this Field.
- Perform and support project deliverables for NPD projects assigned.
- Lead 8D response internal and customer through the pre-launch phases and support once product is launched.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 Years of working experience in quality functions, and good knowledge of Quality Systems (ISO 9000 / TS16949 / VDA 6.3).
- Be familiar with quality management and manufacturing processes; also familiar with AIAG manual: APQP, FMEA, MSA, PPAP and SPC a plus. Experience in process / product engineering is a plus.
- Ability to develop unique, differentiated solutions to complex problems – strong problem-solving skills (8D/5Why/Fishbone/Minitab)
- Preferred 6 Sigma Green Belt or above
- Experience with automotive / off-road industry
- Experience with common Quality tools: PPAP, SPC, MSA, DFM, GD&T, APQP, FMEA, control plan, and 8D.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.