Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Software Engineer
• Leads the design, implementation and deployment of highly scalable microservices into the cloud
• Adopt a culture of high-quality software development
• Handles difficult problems by offering pragmatic and practical solutions
• Develops and maintains technical documentation
• Ensure appropriate automated unit and integration test coverage of developed code
• Collaborates with other team members to establish best practices and maintainable processes
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Design and build software services for our mobile applications and Platform as a Service (PaaS) across all parts of the system including back end message processing, business logic, front end intuitive user interfaces, analytics, device management and mobile devices.
Build infrastructure as code for a cloud based environment using container services.
Design, code, unit test application features using Continuous Integration (CI).
Work in an Agile and SCRUM based environment.
Design and develop both front end and back end components for our apps.
Design and develop mobile apps.
Work with engineering leaders and product owner to scope work and produce estimates.
Leverage technology knowledge to advance product architecture & create technical designs.
Web browser technologies, such as CSS3, HTML5 and AJAX and the principles of responsive design.
Experience with Amazon Web Services AWS (EC2, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Lambda).
Implemented automated deployments using Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, Cloud Foundation, Ansible.
Implemented RESTful/JSON web services.
Understands agile methodologies, SCRUM, continuous integration (Jenkins), Tools such as Github, JIRA, Trello, Slack.
A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves”, action-oriented approach coupled with a creative spirit.
Must be impeccably honest and ethical, who is passionate, self managed and results focused.
Any of the following will be an advantage:
Ionic mobile app framework.
Knowledge of Leaflet libraries.
Developed telematics, analytics or with mapping applications.
Mobile applications development (iOS, Android, and Mobile Web)
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.