Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Vice President of Global Automotive Operations
A focus on profitable growth
- Work with senior management team to determine the strategic direction of the business.
- Participate in determining and implementing longer-term strategic objectives with impact on profitable division growth and customer service.
- Ensure that the facilities are maximized to plant capacity factor, availability, performance and efficiency.
- Holistic focus improvement on OTD for CRD and customer quality
- Initiate, implement and drive cost reduction and efficiency initiatives to improve profit margins.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity, reduce cost, and optimize capacity utilization.
Setting an example of leadership and further building of Sensata’s culture:
- Identify yourself by truly living our corporate values:
Integrity, Excellence, Passion, Flexibility, One Sensata
- Implement a culture and drive behaviors oriented on excellent-quality mindset, performance, recognition, accountability and continuous improvement
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational functions to achieve the highest level of quality and competitiveness.
- Own the Lean and Six Sigma process throughout Global Operations plants worldwide and drive process improvement and manufacturing updates throughout all automotive sites.
- Independently and/or through others take action and make decisions with major profit and loss impact (e.g. inventory, assets, purchase agreements, cost of quality).
Leverage a global manufacturing footprint
- Provide overall management and strategic direction for the integrated supply chain process, quality, process design and development and operational excellence over continents.
- Involve in new product development regarding material requirements and design predictability.
- Ensure manufacturing line product capacity modeling is consistent globally and drive changes to ensure on time delivery to customers.
- Be responsible for driving lean, operational excellence and other improvements globally at established manufacturing network.
Support Sensata’s global business development
- Engage in M&A and due diligence opportunities to ensure manufacturing processes are aligned and consistent with current global sites.
- Identify opportunities to leverage manufacturing through M&A opportunities.
- Support Sensata’s integration processes after a successful acquisition of new companies
- Work closely with the Operational Excellence team or the Head of the Automotive BU on a variety of special projects.
Functional Experience & Education
- Complex P&L responsibilities, exposure to production volumes >$1B, thorough knowledge of accounting and financial management for production facilities
- Automotive experience in a global leadership position
- Deep understanding of manufacturing and supply chain for large scale international operations
- Previous experience in plant management
- Prior multi-site leadership experience through complex matrix environment
- Proven track record in: Growing business, improving productivity, improving profits, reducing costs & leadership at scale.
- Leadership experience in R&D, sourcing, supply chain & logistics, material management, process engineering and/or quality roles
- Publicly traded company experience
- Successful M&A experiences
- Master’s degree (MBA preferred)
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.