Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
As a Software Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, rewriting legacy features, and collaborating with the team on high-level architecture designs. They will work independently with limited support from other developers, and must be a self-starter who can proactively seek out help when needed. However, this individual must also be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with other team members to solve complex problems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering, excellent problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing high-quality, scalable software solutions. They should also have a proven track record of success in similar roles and a willingness to continuously learn and develop new skills.
• Collaborates with developing complex software in selected languages for Sensata products and/or applications consistently following Sensata’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
• Key participant in the development of software to control external hardware for automated test equipment and other applicable development
• Organizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
• Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality as part of a software project
• Organizes participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Design and implement individual features and sub-projects with minimal supervision
- Refactor and rewrite existing code with minimal assistance, while maintaining a focus on quality and scalability
- Collaborate effectively with the development team to make major design decisions for applications
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support the software development life cycle
- Employ Agile methodologies and follow the SDLC to drive efficient and effective development of solutions, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Thoroughly document work to ensure continuity in the event of turnover and facilitate seamless communication with external teams referencing our work.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and at least 3 years of experience in software development.
- Spent a majority of their time in their current role writing software, with a substantial portion of that time dedicated to backend development.
- Hands-on experience developing Object-Oriented back-end solutions using languages such as Java, C#, Python, and TypeScript. A strong preference will be given to candidates with extensive TypeScript experience.
- Has experience working with AWS cloud technologies, such as: Lambda, IOT Core, DynamoDB, Elemental MediaConvert, Cognito, Kinesis Video Streams, SQS, SNS, AWS RDS, Cloudwatch, and CloudFront, Glue, Opensearch, API Gateway
- Experience working with IoT messaging protocols, specifically MQTT.
- Has experience with Infrastructure-as-code (CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS CDK, Terraform CDK), as well as CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience collaborating with data and analytics engineers to implement AI solutions.
- Experience working in an environment that uses both the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and agile processes.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.