Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Hardware Engineering Placement Student
We are currently recruiting for a range of roles which include Systems Verification, Hardware, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Technology Development across the Antrim site.
This will be a full-time role based in Antrim, Northern Ireland for approx. 12 months duration.
There are a wide range of tasks/learning opportunities available within these roles which include:
- Understand how the hardware blocks within the Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor work together to provide a system level solution.
- Perform testing on our Tire Pressure Sensors and future products portfolio using Laboratory measurement equipment and our fleet of test vehicles. Full training will be provided.
- Appreciation that specification and testing have a key relationship in a successful product – defining tests to exercise new hardware.
- Testing sensors using our full suite of laboratory equipment.
- Provide support to other teams, liaising with ASIC software and verification teams.
- The opportunity to undertake a long-term Research & Development project to increase your knowledge base and add a current gap within the team.
- Opportunity to travel for testing at our customer sites across the globe.
- An element of coding to facilitate automated testing
- Planning and execution of testing designs and efficient recording and communication of the results in an effort to remove defects.
- Training of PCB Layout Techniques and core EMC Design Principles you will be given an invaluable toolset for your future career. After which you’ll understand best practices e.g. to mitigate a speaker crackling when receiving a text message.
- Embedded software design
- Component sourcing
- PC Application Development
- You should be studying a degree in Software, Electrical, Electronics, System Design or similar technical degree
- Exhibit drive, enthusiasm and ambition to succeed in an automotive design environment
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates good team-working skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work of own initiative
- Start times from 7:30 to 9:30 (fully flexible)
- 33 Days Holidays (pro-rata)
- Overtime/Time off in Lieu: work extra hours and get paid them or switch into holiday hours
- Enrolment onto our Placement Programme
- Free onsite parking
Sensata is committed to the provision of training and development opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new placement students.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.