Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Engineering Placement Student
What are we doing?
Sensata Technologies is developing and producing a broad portfolio of sensors for automotive applications. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With our innovative products we strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry. We describe our culture as dynamic, open, proactive, one Sensata, can do attitude, obsession to win, high flexibility, close to our customers.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to be part of our Placement Development Scheme within R&D. The role encompasses software design activities and software testing in an automotive environment. This placement gives the opportunity to apply new concepts and ideas, learn new development tools and gain new technical knowledge to develop your career in this exciting field of software engineering.
Your placement role will entail but not limited to the following:
- Supporting the creation of specifications from customer and hardware requirements
- Develop the required detail around the software specification working alongside systems, hardware and production engineering teams
- Develop customer specific application software for our TPMS applications
- Develop test harnesses to simulate software
- Develop software using AGILE Scrum methodology
- You must be currently studying a degree in Software or Electronic Engineering or relevant
- Exhibit drive, enthusiasm and ambition to succeed in automotive design environment
- Have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working skills
What do we offer?
- A friendly, open culture where you will work with people from all over the world
- Work with skilled subject matter experts. People committed to finding solutions for tough technical and business challenges
- A culture where results and performance matter. We are committed, but also take the time to celebrate milestones and get to know each other outside of work
- Working with state-of-the-art tools and processes on diverse projects with real world applications
- Start times from 7:30 to 9:30 (fully flexible)
- 33 Days Holidays (pro-rata)
- Overtime/Time off in Lieu: work extra hours and get paid them or switch into holiday hours
- Enrolment onto our Placement Programme
- Free onsite parking
Sensata is committed to the provision of training and development opportunities.
A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new placement students.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.