Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Mechanical Design Engineering Placement Student
What are we doing?
Sensata Technologies is developing and producing a broad portfolio of sensors for automotive applications. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With our innovative products we strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry. We describe our culture as dynamic, open, proactive, one Sensata, can do attitude, obsession to win, high flexibility, close to our customers.
Sensata Technologies in Antrim has five Mechanical focused Product Design & Analysis Teams totaling over 46 people and consisting of Engineers, Technical Specialists, Managers, Technicians & Students.
We require high calibre placement students to join our teams on 12 Month Placement, supporting development of our world-leading products, as part of a Global organisation.
- Component & Assembly Design, CAD studies and 2D Drawings
- Organising & building of prototype components
- Conducting mechanical component testing & report writing
- Processing design changes using PLM system
- General Engineering Team support activities
- Enrolment and partial completion of Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in 3D CAD packages & 2D drawing preparation
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Highly computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Office
- Initiative, team working, research & problem-solving skills are essential
- A valid driving licence and access to a car is required
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and/or CATIA Modelling Packages
- Experience of plastics and/or rubber moulding
- Experience of high volume manufacturing processes
- Technical Interests / Hobbies including hands-on experience
What do we offer?
- A friendly, open culture where you will work with people from all over the world
- Work with skilled subject matter experts. People committed to finding solutions for tough technical and business challenges
- A culture where results and performance matter. We are committed, but also take the time to celebrate milestones and get to know each other outside of work
- Working with state-of-the-art tools and processes on diverse projects with real world applications
- Start times from 7:30am to 9:30am (fully flexible)
- 33 Days Holidays (pro-rata)
- Overtime/Time off in Lieu: work extra hours and get paid them or switch into holiday hours
- Free onsite parking
Sensata is committed to the provision of training and development opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new placement students.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.