Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Engineer Intern- Summer 2024
Internship projects vary from year to year and are based on current business needs at the time of the internship. Specific details will be provided prior to your start date, but all projects are technical and require a sound understanding of engineering principles.
As a Software Engineer Intern possible responsibilities could include:
• Assists with developing complex software in selected languages for Sensata products and/or applications consistently following Sensata’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
• Participates in the development of software to control external hardware for automated test equipment and other applicable development
• Coordinates software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
• Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality as part of a software project
• Coordinates participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
Successful candidates will be able to:
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be currently pursuing B.S., M.Eng., or M.S. in Computer Engineering from an accredited program
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident is NOT required for this position, however proper work authorizations will be required.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.