Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Technical Writing Intern- Summer 2024
The Technical Writing Intern will work on inputting specific measurements and details regarding the product into software programs. They are responsible for working with various engineers to ensure all specifications are correct, and must ensure that all documentation is stored correctly.
As an Technical Writing Intern possible responsibilities could include:
- Participate in the creating technical documentation (3D models, 2D drawings, product specifications, etc.) for new products for automotive and industrial applications
- Coordinate with the Design Engineers to ensure the company templates, standards and procedures are all used correctly to display the information
- Store the documentation correctly in the company system
- Participates in the creation of of any instruction manuals, journal articles, research papers and or other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information to the desired personnel
- Arrange meetings or discussions to gather feedback from customers, designers and manufacturers regarding the communication outlet and writing style. Use this feedback to revise documents
- Utilize photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase readers understanding of the information.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Must be currently pursuing B.S or M.S Technical Writing or related field.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident is NOT required for this position, however proper work authorizations will be required.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.